Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Capital One Cup First Round scores thread

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Haven't seen the Derby line up to be honest. But as you say, particularly in this competition, it's rarely a surprise when a higher placed team loses in the early rounds. All good for us, I believe, as it makes us more likely to be seeded, does it not?

1.L. Grant
12.C. Baird
3.C. Forsyth
11.J. Russell
24.A. Weimann
16.A. Pearce
14.J. Shackell
8.J. Hendrick
9.C. Martin
34.G. Thorne
23.T. Ince

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So we are hoping for a Leeds loss tomorrow so that we are seeded in the draw? Or am I wrong?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought we were seeded now because either Boro or Derby had to lose?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought we were only getting seeded if Leeds lost tomorrow?

We are seeded now as far as I can work out, 24 teams are going to be seeded, the 12 premier league teams plus the next best 12 sides based on last seasons league positions. I've worked out we are 11th with only Leeds game left so we will be the final seed should Leeds win, if Leeds lose Rotherham will also be seeded.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We are seeded now as far as I can work out, 24 teams are going to be seeded, the 12 premier league teams plus the next best 12 sides based on last seasons league positions. I've worked out we are 11th with only Leeds game left so we will be the final seed should Leeds win, if Leeds lose Rotherham will also be seeded.

Are seeded teams drawn to play away, or is that left to the draw ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love to get Pompey or Barnet

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
1.L. Grant
12.C. Baird
3.C. Forsyth
11.J. Russell
24.A. Weimann
16.A. Pearce
14.J. Shackell
8.J. Hendrick
9.C. Martin
34.G. Thorne
23.T. Ince
Forgot all about Thorne. Quality player really unlucky with injuries. If he's back then that's effectively another signing for Derby. I reckon they'll come good.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dirty Leeds 1-1 with Donny, having played half an hour with 10 men. 15 minutes until full-time, with extra-time to follow if still level. If Leeds get through, they get seeded, thereby avoiding being drawn against the 12 PL clubs that enter in the second round; if they don't get through, we get seeded.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Commentators bleating on about Leeds support, it's 35 mins on the train.! It's not surprising the Northern clubs have decent away followings when Fulham away at over 2 hours is a "local" game for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are seeded then!

Followed it without much enthusiasm on BBC text - the most biased reporting in the Beeb's history I would think :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here