Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Capital One Cup First Round scores thread

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
So, seeding for round 2...

I may be completely wrong but will it be the 12 premier league clubs plus the 12 highest positioned clubs from last season, still in competition who will be seeded?

If so, I make us to be the 11th highest placed club with Leeds, Boro and Derby to play.

So, if there is just the one winner from those three, then we'll be seeded. But as I said, that may be wrong

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
So, seeding for round 2...

I may be completely wrong but will it be the 12 premier league clubs plus the 12 highest positioned clubs from last season, still in competition who will be seeded?

If so, I make us to be the 11th highest placed club with Leeds, Boro and Derby to play.

So, if there is just the one winner from those three, then we'll be seeded. But as I said, that may be wrong

I believe someone said all prem teams in next round unless they are playing in Europe

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Latest: Oldham 0 Boro 2 Carayol not in the squad for Boro. Is he injured? Boro playing a reduced strength starting XI.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
2-1

Some serious bed wetting in the Championship after this round

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm not, given their finish to last season.

True but new manager, squad of essentially very good championship players, and the team put out tonight should have been more than good enough to beat Portsmouth. Although this was always a potential banana skin I guess what with the raucous crowd(best fans in the world :rolleyes: ) and Portsmouth wanting to remind us all they still exist.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
True but new manager, squad of essentially very good championship players, and the team put out tonight should have been more than good enough to beat Portsmouth. Although this was always a potential banana skin I guess what with the raucous crowd and Portsmouth wanting to remind us all they still exist.

Haven't seen the Derby line up to be honest. But as you say, particularly in this competition, it's rarely a surprise when a higher placed team loses in the early rounds. All good for us, I believe, as it makes us more likely to be seeded, does it not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here