Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With strikes due on the Friday after Roma please post if you;

a) want to share a cab to an airport
b) have a booked cab to share to an airport
c) know any good flight details via somewhere
d) want to offer a lift in a hire car or want to see if someone wants to share a car hire cost / driving.

Can be any airport, for example grouping up people who still have trains to Florence or Milan to get to the onward airport or to get from Rome station to FCO airport.

GeorgeKane5

Jun 7, 2017
Just an FYI post really. In Athens & Marseille we used booking.com to pre-book taxis in advance, pretty handy for beating the inevitable rush on the day when people realise there are strikes.

Rome Centre to/from Fiumicino commands a flat rate of 50EUR each way from what I remember when I was there last year, so expect to pay in and around that. My group are going to book ahead and save the stress on the day.

There is also a bus that operates to and from Termini Station to Fiumicino Airport. Google 'Terravision Bus Rome' and you'll find the website there where you can also pre-book tickets at a lower cost than a taxi.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If there is anyone else on Ryanair Manchester to Rome flights Tuesday afternoon 4.30 going or Friday morning 10.50 coming back that wants to share a cab let me know.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Great idea.
Three of us on the Friday 6.25am train to Milan which we think will be ok, but then need to get to Malpensa Airport which looks more problematic. Happy to share car, cab whatever, if anyone else in the same predicament. 👍 Our flight is 1.25pm to Gatwick.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
I was under the impression that the Leonardo express to Fiomichino will run on the strike day as it's classed as an essential service?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’m on the Gatwick BA flight Wednesday night at 19.55, if anyone in the Worthing area wants to share a cab up there PM me 👍

Jan 31, 2009
Went to Rome a few weeks ago for the 6 nations. Taxis from the airport to the centre charge a fixed rate of EUR 50. Downloaded and used a taxi app called Freenow while we were there. Taxis all arrive within 5 mins of ordering them. Only issue is after the match. We ended up walking back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm on the Thursday morning 10:10am Wizzair flight - happy to share a cab if anyone else is on the same flight.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
If you’re sharing a cab with Albion fans you don’t know watch out for a well spoken and very polite Father/Son combo from Uckfield/Newick area., the son went to college in Clapham (this was about 8 years ago)

Me and my son who was about 6 at the time jumped in their cab (with their permission) outside Spoons in Milton Keynes, it was all very nice and harmonious until we got to the ground and the cabbie asked for a tenner (which would have been split four ways) as opposed to a fiver they thought it was gonna cost. The traffic was horrendous.

The pair of them, like a double act, then got abusive towards the cabbie accusing him of ripping them off and subsequently jumped out of the cab refusing to pay before storming off towards the stadium, leaving me to pay the bloke, who was literally scratching his head, as was I, thinking what the f*ck has gone on here? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Since that day I’ve got my own cab!

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Great idea.
Three of us on the Friday 6.25am train to Milan which we think will be ok, but then need to get to Malpensa Airport which looks more problematic. Happy to share car, cab whatever, if anyone else in the same predicament. 👍 Our flight is 1.25pm to Gatwick.
This website details the city to Malpensa options either train or bus, and both options have availability for the 8th currently. I guess nearer the time that might change:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm on the Thursday morning 10:10am Wizzair flight - happy to share a cab if anyone else is on the same flight.
Cutting it fine!

What's your scheduled landing time?

Hopefully be fine but Wizzair are known for delays

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Do the taxis take card payment? Got caught out in Athens as all cash and I had none.
On the Sunday 12:50 Easyjet out of Gatwick with a hotel near the train station. Last time I was on an obscure flight there were still a dozen Albion on board.

Beachcomber

Nov 22, 2010
This website details the city to Malpensa options either train or bus, and both options have availability for the 8th currently. I guess nearer the time that might change:

For what it’s worth, Flixbus (one of the Milan Airport Transfer bus companies) has confirmed that at this stage they will still be running their service (I asked specifically for Milan Bergamo but assume the same for Malpensa).

Attachments

• IMG_4728.jpeg
    IMG_4728.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 22

POP_TONEZ

Feb 23, 2024
London
If there's no trains me and my mate will be heading from Rome back to Milan on Friday, our flight leaving at 9PM but down to head whenever

billhems

Oct 23, 2022
Is anybody on the Wizz Air 21:15 Gatwick to Fumicino on Wedesday night? Gets in after the scheduled transport stops for the night, so would be good to share a transfer into the centre.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is anybody on the Wizz Air 21:15 Gatwick to Fumicino on Wedesday night? Gets in after the scheduled transport stops for the night, so would be good to share a transfer into the centre.
Back on Wizzair Friday evening to Gatwick but outbound on Vueling/BA.

I do recall @Rookie said they were on Wizzair out but not sure if that was Wed evening?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Back on Wizzair Friday evening to Gatwick but outbound on Vueling/BA.

I do recall @Rookie said they were on Wizzair out but not sure if that was Wed evening?
I was due to fly out Thursday morning with Wizz but helpfully that was cancelled by the third party I booked through (never use Opodo!). Get to say hello to most of Italy on the trip now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here