Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The by-election campaign gets going - and How You Can Help

The by-election campaign gets going

Ed Bassford's campaign leaflet is now available on The Seagulls Party website:-

HERE

And there are posters as well:-

A4 Size or A3 Size

Polling takes place on Thursday 17 August in the Ouse Valley and Ringmer ward of Lewes district (Ringmer, Glynde, Beddingham, Firle, Tarring Neville and South Heighton).

HOW YOU CAN HELP -

If people want to help the campaign, the most important thing that needs to be done is getting the leaflet through all the front doors in the ward - all 2,700 of them.

We are working out a series of 'walks' (of about an hour each) that will achieve this. If individual supporters want to take one on, please come along to a gathering on the evening of Monday 7 August (between 7.30pm and 9.30pm) at the St Mary's Room, Ringmer Village Hall - which is on the main Lewes Road, next to the pub, in Ringmer.

If you can't get to Ringmer on Monday evening, but still want to help, send a PM and we'll work something out.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Good luck with it and fingers crossed you kick some LDC butt:angel:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Best of luck my lord. :clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The very best of luck, and the time and effort being put into this is much appreciated by your fellow fans. Nothing would be sweeter than a Brighton supporter giving those undemocratic jokers a bloody nose.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Fantastic leaflet. All the very best Lord B.....I'd love to helped in some way, but am just off on hols. I'm sure you'll get all the support you need, though.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
at last

a political party i can agree with 100%

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good luck and here's to a famous victory, the first of many. :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just out of interest....(Possibly not the right thread).

Would the current LDC have to declare how much they have received from Falmer Parish in funds/donations during their tenancy?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
BarrelofFun said:
Best of luck!! Knock 'em down!!

Out of interest, is the result instantaneous?

The result would normally be announched on the night of the election.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent leaflet, good luck :thumbsup:

Ed Bassford

Jul 22, 2006
Thanks for the messages of support.

If people want to help the campaign, the most important thing that needs to be done is getting the leaflet through all the front doors in the ward - all 2,700 of them.

We are working out a series of 'walks' (of about an hour each) that will achieve this. If individual supporters want to take one on, please come along to a gathering on the evening of Monday 7 August (between 7.30pm and 9.30pm at the St Mary's Room, Ringmer Village Hall - which is on the main Lewes Road, next to the pub, in Ringmer.

If you can't get to Ringmer on Monday night, please contact me by PM or e-mail ed.bassford@seagullsparty.org and I'll get a supply of leaflets to you.

You can also phone me on 07772 756447.

We need to cover both Ringmer and South Heighton. If you have a particular preference, let me know.

Last edited:

Ed Bassford

Jul 22, 2006
Wardywonderland said:
The result would normally be announched on the night of the election.
The count is at Ringmer Village Hall on the evening of the election (Thursday 17 August).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd love to know how people can help that live well away from the area. All I can think of is passing on my best wishes Ed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here