• Yes. Yes I will.

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • No, you're alright thanks

Votes: 55 84.6%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting that Adele is getting very similar reaction to any number of pop writers at the height of their success. It seems that if you write mainstream pop, you have to wait a good few years until it's fashionable to be appreciated. (see Burt Bacharach, The Bee Gees, ABBA, Neil Diamond)

Very true, Artists like Abba at the time were described as "plastic" but now there are retro cool. Neil Diamond in his time was definitely "uncool"

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Saw it as the wife and kids watched it - it wasn't the fact that I didn't like much oof the music played that got to me as I kind of expected it, it was the sheer amount of arselicking of all the performers after each turn. They might as well have got Jonathan Ross to present it for all the difference it would have made.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Should get Gervais to do it as he'd probably call Adele a fat c&£t or something for comedy effect and the media would go into meltdown and.....

On second thoughts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And the 12th annual Jamiroquai Memorial Prat In The Hat award goes to...

james-bay-brit-awards-arrive.jpg

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I used to have a vague interest in these back-slapping awards things, but music ones are just dire nowadays. Maybe not the Brits for being the worst, but Smash Hits etc, any that let the teenage girls do the voting - these are predictable and cringy. 'Best group', 'Best video', 'Best song', 'Best album', 'Best Dressed Man', 'Best use of a hairstyle', 'Best way of walking towards a camera', 'Best Person ever' - oh look, One Direction win all of them. Now I'm not tarring ALL teenage girls with this brush, but it seems quite a few will see a bunch of five 12 year old boys in a group, and would swear on the bible that they are the second coming. That is, until the next series of X Factor, and they have a fresher crop to shower their affection on. As for Adele, I'm sure she's a wonderful singer, but all I heard from last night was part of her acceptance speech, and I can't stand the whole 'I'm just a girl from norf London' blah blah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here