Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bottom half of the Premier League: 10 teams, 6 points

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As long as Zaha stays fit and stays at Palace, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a piss poor side (you can't now pretend a large number of your fans weren't saying as much for the first few months of the season) with one bright spark.

That Zaha has finally found the way to put some sort of end-product at the end of his random mazy runs is very fortuitous for you.

That he was also an abject failure the last time he ditched you for a big club must also be in your favour. Would he tempted to try again if an offer comes along, or would he prefer to stay as the big fish in your putrid little pond? I think it's probably the latter.

I guess this has been discussed elsewhere, but has it been clarified why Zaha was permitted to play last night, after his clear 'simulation' to win the first penalty on Saturday?

Has the panel thing been scrapped, or is that only for 'dives' committed AGAINST Palace?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I guess this has been discussed elsewhere, but has it been clarified why Zaha was permitted to play last night, after his clear 'simulation' to win the first penalty on Saturday?

Has the panel thing been scrapped, or is that only for 'dives' committed AGAINST Palace?

I think the experts agreed it was a foul and thus a clear penalty.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

He was cleared, clear contact on both pens.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He was cleared, clear contact on both pens.
He's still a diving cheating **** ****** ****** ****** **** ******* *****!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
This is essentially the point I was trying to make in that Palace have had a lot of good fortune in their home games thus far. Last night they were very poor in the first half and could easily have gone in 3 down at the break. They improved in the 2nd period but were not testing Gomes until Cleverly got sent off.

Last night we got lucky, arguably for the first time this season, and it felt very good indeed :thumbsup:

Your suggestion that we've been fortunate in the rest of the home games this season, however, is total nonsense. We've drawn 2-2 despite being comfortably the better side against West Ham, Everton and Bournemouth; and only some terribly bad luck (and a moment of total stupidity from Benteke) stopped us from winning all three of those games.

I am not convinced they have it in them to fight their way out of this.

I don't think any Palace fans would accuse the team of lacking fight. Time after time we've given away stupid goals, had blatant penalty appeals denied, missed injury time penalties in ridiculous fashion :ffsparr:, etc. and each time we've bounced back. We came from behind to win against Watford last night, Stoke a couple of weeks ago, came from behind to get a point (that should've been three) against Bournemouth and from 2 down against West Ham, etc. We certainly lack squad depth; but never desire.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why does it matter? I thought 2nd, 3rd and 4th were all guaranteed a CL place without having to qualify. There's just kudos and prize money to play for behind Citeh.

That won’t happen any way.

Spuds, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will be desparately fighting for 2 CL places until the bitter end.

The Albion need a stack of wins between now and the end of March to avoid playing Championship football 2018/19.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing how the Palace trolls reappear when they start winning

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazing how the Palace trolls reappear when they start winning
This. They're all chipper now that their enormous playing budget has propelled them to within 4 points of us.

But fear not, I had the misfortune to be taking a train through Norwood Junction at 10pm last night, before the train got swamped with NigeIs. Overhearing the conversation, I'm pleased to say they were absolutely gash last night, their worst performance of the season so I'm taking comfort in the fact that if they continue to play like that, they'll lose far more often than they'll win.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No, I did mean to say 4. For some reason I mis-read the table - I'm not entirely sure how - maybe I was looking at West Brom.

This. They're all chipper now that their enormous playing budget has propelled them to within 4 points of us.

Is something affecting the eyesight of EVERYONE in England? Is it to do with that gas cloud the other week?

If there are any protective measures I should take before landing in Blighty in the next 24 hours, please let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here