Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Boss pays tribute to David Bowie

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Am I the only one that thinks the guitar is out on the intro? (runs and hides from all Boss fans)...

Opens up the whole debate about covers, should they be note for note replicas, or should the covering artist look to put their own stamp on it. I think in this case this was a heartfelt tribute from Bruce to someone who had recently passed away and has been accepted in this way.

Whether the guitar is out or not should be irrelevant and just accept and enjoy the sentiment..

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Opens up the whole debate about covers, should they be note for note replicas, or should the covering artist look to put their own stamp on it. I think in this case this was a heartfelt tribute from Bruce to someone who had recently passed away and has been accepted in this way.

Whether the guitar is out or not should be irrelevant and just accept and enjoy the sentiment..

Understand that a cover need not be note for note, but it should be in tune :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Kevin Buell has been Bruce's long time friend and guitar technician for over 1000 shows and is seen catching Bruces guitars when he throws them to the back of stage at every concert.
He even travels personally just with Bruce's favorite Fender Telecaster on planes with the guitar sitting next to him.
I would imagine he would tunes his guitars to perfection, especially as they do a sound check before every show.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Kevin Buell has been Bruce's long time friend and guitar technician for over 1000 shows and is seen catching Bruces guitars when he throws them to the back of stage at every concert.
He even travels personally just with Bruce's favorite Fender Telecaster on planes with the guitar sitting next to him.
I would imagine he would tunes his guitars to perfection, especially as they do a sound check before every show.

Ok, must be my ears then - my wife keeps telling me I am going deaf, she obviously means tone deaf too! :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Nice one, hope you enjoyed the show.
I hear rumours he is bringing the show to Europe this year

Was certainly worth the trip over and it was a really good venue. Everything has been perfect except the very cold weather and the heavy snow that is falling this morning. If I can get to the airport and the plane takes off today to get me home then it has been a great trip!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was just looking at the youtube clips to see these and you beat me too it.:thumbsup:

Another fitting tribute by Bruce, RIP Glen

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was just looking at the youtube clips to see these and you beat me too it.:thumbsup:

Another fitting tribute by Bruce, RIP Glen

The audio quality was bloody good in the circumstances on the one I shared, so I thought others might appreciate a listen. :smile:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Rebel rebel just after Bowie died. Take it Easy in Chicago just after Glenn Frey died. But not a sign of The Floral Dance in New Jersey last night.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
And after the Bowie and Frey tributes - sadly third third in the same tour, an excellent version of Purple Rain.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And after the Bowie and Frey tributes - sadly third third in the same tour, an excellent version of Purple Rain.

Anyone else starting to suspect Bruce is behind all these deaths so that he can play a different tribute every so often?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Decent guitar solo in there too!

Nils Lofgren is one of the best guitarists on the planet.
Saw his solo concert at The De La Warr in October......absolutely gob smacking

[yt]mVWdMLXld_s[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here