Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Boss last night

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was there and thought Bruce was immense as always but the sound was a bit ropy where I was sat

I agree about the sound,we stood behind and to the side of the mixing desk for the first few numbers, and the sound was awful, we then moved closer to the stage and it was much better, but I think Wembley isn't very good for gigs anyway. The best for sound quality I ever went to, was the 86 Queen tour there.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
My parents went to watch Cliff Richard at the County Ground last night instead. Tough call: Cliff or Bruce?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I haven't missed a tour for years, even though I saw last year's version of this tour at Hyde Park, but decided to swerve this one. Came away each time a bit disappointed that he didn't play Darkness On The Edge Of Town (the song), so he must have known I wasn't there, and decided to play the whole ALBUM!!!! Gutted to say the least :cry:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I went. Astonishing performance. The sound was shit though. Thunder Road at the end was amazing. The tribute to Danny and Clarence was nice (although scaled back from last year's stretch of the Wrecking Ball Tour, when it was true lump in the throat stuff). Could do without Waitin on a Sunny Day every bloody show though, and the 'begorrah' ones from the latest album are a bit painful - "Shackled and drawn, shackled and drawn, pick up the rocks and carry them home...".

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I agree about the sound,we stood behind and to the side of the mixing desk for the first few numbers, and the sound was awful, we then moved closer to the stage and it was much better, but I think Wembley isn't very good for gigs anyway. The best for sound quality I ever went to, was the 86 Queen tour there.

You must have been standing near me at the beginning then, there was a few idiots in face paint near us

Sound was echoing too much from behind for my liking but still enjoyed it

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The Boss was awesome as ever. Takes a great entertainer to play an album from start to finish.

Nice to see some decent entertainment at Wembley.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The Boss was awesome as ever. Takes a great entertainer to play an album from start to finish.

Nice to see some decent entertainment at Wembley.

Right up there in my list of all time gigs. Only a relatively recent convert but you really couldn't top a Bruce gig for sheer atmosphere/entertainment/passion.

Long time not much NSC for either of us LB. Hope alls well and your running is going better than mine (nothing for 14 months since Brighton)! Must get back into it but struggling with motivation (expanding waistline aside!).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Looking forward to the Olympic Park gig now on Sunday 30/6

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Right up there in my list of all time gigs. Only a relatively recent convert but you really couldn't top a Bruce gig for sheer atmosphere/entertainment/passion.

Long time not much NSC for either of us LB. Hope alls well and your running is going better than mine (nothing for 14 months since Brighton)! Must get back into it but struggling with motivation (expanding waistline aside!).

Took 1/2 marathon pb to 1.35 from 1.40 so well chuffed, apart from that just the norm. Hope you are well, time to get your running mojo back surely soon???

Keep on enjoying the boss, that was my 9th Bruce gig on Sunday, not a lot compared to some of his loyal stalwarts but every one is impressive.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I agree about the sound,we stood behind and to the side of the mixing desk for the first few numbers, and the sound was awful, we then moved closer to the stage and it was much better, but I think Wembley isn't very good for gigs anyway.

Must have been standing pretty close to you then, and we also moved forward until the sound improved.

That echo was appalling.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I went. Astonishing performance. The sound was shit though. Thunder Road at the end was amazing. The tribute to Danny and Clarence was nice (although scaled back from last year's stretch of the Wrecking Ball Tour, when it was true lump in the throat stuff). Could do without Waitin on a Sunny Day every bloody show though, and the 'begorrah' ones from the latest album are a bit painful - "Shackled and drawn, shackled and drawn, pick up the rocks and carry them home...".

Quite agree about "Sunny day" or as it's known amongst my friends "The toilet break" !

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
About the only good thing that ever came out of New Jersey

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Took 1/2 marathon pb to 1.35 from 1.40 so well chuffed, apart from that just the norm. Hope you are well, time to get your running mojo back surely soon???

Keep on enjoying the boss, that was my 9th Bruce gig on Sunday, not a lot compared to some of his loyal stalwarts but every one is impressive.

Great half time LB. The only one of the set I really want to improve on.

BTW do you post on Greasy Lake? Only am on the Hampden Set List Vision thread and spotted a Brighton Fan (Spruce Springclean :eek:?)

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Was Brilliant as ever at the Ricoh last night.

Born to Run album start to finish.

Christ knows how he does it, 3.5 hrs of total energy, although he clearly starts to feel it at the end of the gig.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Christ knows how he does it, 3.5 hrs of total energy, although he clearly starts to feel it at the end of the gig.

Wish I had been at that one too!

ads52

Jul 31, 2011
I've decided to educate myself in all things Bruce.. Where should I start?? What albums are essential??

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

was at the Ricoh last night as well.

over the years i hadn't been too fussed about springsteen, but decided to give him a go and have to say the man does a fantastic show.
Parts of it were drawn out abit and Americanised for my liking, just as every song was ending in would come the 1-2-3-4 and kick off again for another 10mins.
liked all the diddly diddly stuff at the end, but by then the overpriced carlsberg had kicked in, also liked the interaction with the crowd.

overall top night and thoroughly recommenmded for those, like me could take him or leave him.

felt a bit of a plonker thou, kept saying to Mrs that the guy singing with Bruce looked like the fella out of the Sopranos. Doh!

Take a bow Stevie Van Zandt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here