The Boat Race

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As the late, great Harry Carpenter said "the wife of the Cambridge president is kissing the cox of the Oxford crew".

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
if he is against elitism, then why the devil is he trying to prove he is so great and noble by 'sticking it to the man'?

i hate people like this. There always seems to be one person who felt deep down that he was inferior to a certain sector of people. Instead of making himself better over time, like ordinary people, he feels it is his duty to protest, in the hope that, in this instance, the two Oxbridge teams, would be forced to step down their game a bit, to make this tit feel better.

I HATE what people protest about these days. The idea that the rioting last year, or the squatters soon to come, are in the same league as the miners, who actually had reason to protest.

It seems to be the culture du jour to cause a scene just for shits and giggles.

A lot of people now think it is funny to do things like this.

News Headline: Nobody is laughing.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Toffs in boats? Not interested. I'm with the swimmer

You are with the idiotic swimmer, who by all accounts went to a private school and then the prestigious LSE.

An idiot demonstrating about 'elitism' and choosing to stop the Boat Race between the 2 top academic Universities - where the majority of students are from state schools.

If he had demonstrated at the Henley Regatta or some very posh skiing resort then he might have a had a point.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There maybe a couple of toffs , but they are mostly foreign students. Apart from the two Coxs I think there was three Brits between the two crews.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
As someone who has absolutely no interest in this year's Olympics, I have to say I am now looking forward to it. The likes of Mr Oldfield are legion these days and they are going to have a field day............I can see it now, members of the Cheam pro Water Vole front hurling themselves in front of cyclists and Pimilico's anti Brass Band Brigade running behind the walkers to pull their shorts down.

Hopefully the police will be on a knife edge and properly take one out.......it could be absolute carnage........fooking brilliant!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trenton Oldfield, the bloke who was in the water and caused the race to be stopped, has been jailed for 6 months today. Sounds quite excessive...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So its possible to receive £250 fine and 3 points on ya licence for killing somebody driving without due care and attention ,and 6 months in the nick for swimming in the thames and interrupting some toffs boat race faxake the worlds gone mad

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Trenton Oldfield, the bloke who was in the water and caused the race to be stopped, has been jailed for 6 months today. Sounds quite excessive...

That's a tory government for you Bozza. Some poor sap got jailed for wearing an offensive T-shirt recently. Hell in a bloody handcart my friends.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
So its possible to receive £250 fine and 3 points on ya licence for killing somebody driving without due care and attention ,and 6 months in the nick for swimming in the thames and interrupting some toffs boat race faxake the worlds gone mad

Surely the wrong sentence in those two examples is the first one isn't it?

The course is so long that there is no way of locking it down to stop idiots swimming out and disrupting the boat race if they want to - so a strong penalty was needed to act as a deterrent.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
As someone who has absolutely no interest in this year's Olympics, I have to say I am now looking forward to it. The likes of Mr Oldfield are legion these days and they are going to have a field day............I can see it now, members of the Cheam pro Water Vole front hurling themselves in front of cyclists and Pimilico's anti Brass Band Brigade running behind the walkers to pull their shorts down.

Hopefully the police will be on a knife edge and properly take one out.......it could be absolute carnage........fooking brilliant!
Except it wasn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports