Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
reg-hollis.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It was good in the days of Reg, PC Garfield and Tosh. Now it's just, well, tosh. Like every other drama on british TV the producers thought they needed to spice it up, and got it horribly wrong

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Billy the Fish said:
It was good in the days of Reg, PC Garfield and Tosh. Now it's just, well, tosh. Like every other drama on british TV the producers thought they needed to spice it up, and got it horribly wrong
Agreed. I actually started to watch an episode a few weeks ago. Firstly it was set in somewhere like Zagreb (chasing hoodies on the Jasmine Allen not sexy enough I suppose) but what made me turn off was they'd started using INCIDENTAL MUSIC to try and set the mood! It would be more honest if they renamed it to something like 'Sun Hill Blues' to reflect it's new shiny production values.

Albion Rob

Is Reg dead? No way.

I quite like it, really easy to watch and the storylines are naff but if you want something to look at rather than engage with. The incidental music is rubbish though, as was sending Phil and Samantha to Romania(?).

They should be spending their time nicking Toms down the LArkmead.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
havent watched it for years - dont think i am missing much

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Albion Rob said:
Is Reg dead? No way.

I quite like it, really easy to watch and the storylines are naff but if you want something to look at rather than engage with. The incidental music is rubbish though, as was sending Phil and Samantha to Romania(?).

They should be spending their time nicking Toms down the LArkmead.

No thats the Jasmine Allen estate :lolol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
When did reg leave,

I remember the good ole days Polly Page, the love triangle with Garfield, the irish nurse and the other coppper, Dc Deakin and all

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i like the longer fromat - 1/2 hour was too short, to really get involved/interested in the storylines.

I didnt kow Reg had left- sure he ws in a recent episode, or is his grizzly death yet to be shown..?!

I also miss some of the characters, though the new ones make up for it.

The Sam Nixon / Phil Hunter thing was a no brainer, as it was obvious they had the hots for each other.. though I alsp hated the incidental music when they went on the overseas trip.

Not ure about the new carrot top chief copper- reckon he may get caught out soon enough, and Akaro wil be back..

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Bill is one of only two programmes on ITV, the other being Corrie, that I ever bother to watch as the rest is largely rubbish.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Iv'e watched it since it first began and probably always will.

It's at least a bit more down to earht and realistic than all the bollocks cop shows that come out of America.

I do agree though that the "soapies" style that it shifted to isn't quite as good.

There's no hard men left anymore, i mean half of em cry these days and in the old days no way would Burnside cry(not unless the Albion lost).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here