Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bigger picture?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think a plausible conspiracy close to the OP's is this-

Bloom family don't want out,not in my opinion.....but we have to comply with FFP the club have gone over FFP with a fine tooth comb and it's here to stay...

We are not going to break the bank and we are building for the future...

Built into the equation and here comes the conspiracy part,is the very real possibility that in order to move forwards we have to go backwards and that involves a spell at League 1 level...

Gates and revenue fall short term but transfer fees are banked,we bounce straight back up stronger...

Ok i don't know what i am talking about and have run out of steam typing these words however i did only say it was plausible....

I don't agree at all with the OP...

Bloom will step aside one day,but it won't make sense for him yet,further it would go against all logic to devalue your asset prior to selling,unless however some sort of capital gains tax type thing can be avoided by doing so?

Tony might just feel he's done enough for you and feels someone else could move you further on ( like our owners ATM ) he won't keep off setting your loses year on year will he .

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Tony might just feel he's done enough for you and feels someone else could move you further on ( like our owners ATM ) he won't keep off setting your loses year on year will he .

I know one thing he won't put the club into admin and start all over again, can't think for the life of me what clubs done that TWICE.......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Well its a difficult situation,for since the back end of 1996-97 this club has only had supporters are chairman..

Roll on the euromillions for next friday.....i am fool enough to throw all my winnings at the club..

You do raise a fair point,it is all a matter of time,i just cannot see it being right now..but what do i know..

I think a plausible conspiracy close to the OP's is this-

Bloom family don't want out,not in my opinion.....but we have to comply with FFP the club have gone over FFP with a fine tooth comb and it's here to stay...

We are not going to break the bank and we are building for the future...

Built into the equation and here comes the conspiracy part,is the very real possibility that in order to move forwards we have to go backwards and that involves a spell at League 1 level...

Gates and revenue fall short term but transfer fees are banked,we bounce straight back up stronger...

Ok i don't know what i am talking about and have run out of steam typing these words however i did only say it was plausible....

I don't agree at all with the OP...

Bloom will step aside one day,but it won't make sense for him yet,further it would go against all logic to devalue your asset prior to selling,unless however some sort of capital gains tax type thing can be avoided by doing so?
No-one can second guess what the long-term plan might be. But I'm fairly certain of a couple of things. The first is that the views of the whole Bloom family will be paramount - TB's "entitlement" to get a "return on his investment" is a minor consideration. And, secondly, this is a long-term project that won't be derailed by the sort of issues that Harty has mentioned in his first post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hart undoubtably loves the Albion.

He's currently doing a very strange job of demonstrating his loyalty to the club, IMO, and that of many others

I've written here before, and pm'ed with IH about this, yet I'm still left thinking all he is doing is crapping on his own 'legendary' status.

It's seems odd to actively go from (for want of a better phrase) 'hero' for thousands, to a poor mans Loave Born & Bread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here