Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Big Night In

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
View attachment 122668

I have no idea if this is true....

Not wishing to detract from the rigorous tone of this, which is clearly rational, investigative and genuinely concerned rather than anything reactionary or incoherent, but are they saying that Maytrix own JustGiving, or that JustGiving are the "charity organisers"?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
TV for people that enjoy Ant & Decs Takeaway, X -Factor, Strictly Come Dancing etc,etc,etc.... And listen to Heart FM on the radio.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Surely the question has to be asked but best to say nothing until it is.
Still a shit load raised which is great but why do I want this to be true, l love seeing people getting caught out for this sort of thing, like the major on millionaire.
If it's proved to be true, they must hand the 600k back or be publicly flogged.
This is the same for virtually any organisd charity fundraiser isn't it? If he'd raised the £1000 that was being targeted you'd be talking about £30

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
My biggest problem with this is that these charities are jumping on the coronavirus bandwagon to fund their own causes. If it was fundraising for the NHS that would help it and other associated caring organisations at this time I wouldn’t have a problem.

Hi...the organisations listed are funders they issue grants to charities from the funds raised, I think it is aimed at the charity sectors struggling to deliver services not necessarily the NHS. I am a supplier to charities and gleaned this from the Facebook groups I reluctantly joined. Hope that helps.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Not wishing to detract from the rigorous tone of this, which is clearly rational, investigative and genuinely concerned rather than anything reactionary or incoherent, but are they saying that Maytrix own JustGiving, or that JustGiving are the "charity organisers"?

A US company called Blackbaud own the Justgiving brand.

They do get fees per transaction and despite public uproar, they do get support for this from many charity organisations who use them.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
My big night in will consist of a Tommy Steele film in glorious HD - The Duke Wore Jeans - on Blu-Ray followed by The Good Old Days and Bob’s Full House courtesy of YouTube.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This is clearly bollocks. The fees quoted are Just Giving’s fees, nothing to do with the Moores and clearly set out on their website.

The company quoted (Maytrix) is nothing to do with Just Giving and was set up in 2010 by the Moores.

Yep - scandalous the lengths some people will go to to make a name for themselves on the internet.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To finally put this to bed, here is the Twitter feed of the Maytrix recruitment group - clearly referencing their father. Any chance of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] deleting his picture?

https://twitter.com/maytrixgroup

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To finally put this to bed, here is the Twitter feed of the Maytrix recruitment group - clearly referencing their father. Any chance of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] deleting his picture?

Maybe a Mod can delete if needed? I can no longer edit the post

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there really not going to be a feature-length episode of everyone's favourite Mrs Brown's Boys as the hilarious pièce de résistance of the whole event?

I'll be filing a complaint if they've missed this out - it's precisely what the country needs to lift our collective spirits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here