Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big issues - how do you stand on the Great Blue v Red passport debate

Red or Blue???

• F****s not given either way

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • Blue and with a profile of Churchill's head thereon to show those foreign Johnnies.

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Leave it the same to remind us of what we have lost by leaving

Votes: 23 15.8%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
[tweet]848472792181944320[/tweet]

Thank God, an Englishman don't forget, we're saved. We've got our country back and now we can look North Korea in the eye as we do a comprehensive free trade deal with them with blue passports.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[tweet]848472792181944320[/tweet]

Thank God, an Englishman don't forget, we're saved. We've got our country back and now we can look North Korea in the eye as we do a comprehensive free trade deal with them with blue passports.

You're on fire. Keep it up. Our/Your/Mine/Their/Whoever's country needs you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You're on fire. Keep it up. Our/Your/Mine/Their/Whoever's country needs you.

Rule Britannia, long live the red, white and blue Brexit we all hope and expect and the biscuits and jam we're about to become world leaders in!

D

Deleted member 22389

Rule Britannia, long live the red, white and blue Brexit we all hope and expect and the biscuits and jam we're about to become world leaders in!

Such a negative view, it's depressing. You sound like Tim farron.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I just thank God, who was always an Englishman as well as being a Christian like Neil and Christine Hamilton, that despite humiliating myself and my country earlier this year by renewing my disgusting burgundy, (a French word if ever there was one) British passport with the word 'European' on the front, just so I can prove to our beleaguered NHS staff, overrun by Johnny Foreigners bleeding it dry, that I'm English & Welsh just like Andrea Leadsom and part of the peoples army, and that we can now go back to the days when we could look ourselves in the mirror by having a blue passport and cleanse our souls of this political correctness gone completely mad, that was the evil subjugation of EU rule.

Well said sir. Almost brings a tear to the eye .. knew you would see the light eventually.

384DBE5900000578-0-image-m-69_1473809997618.jpg

:salute:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've just had a look at my old blue one and compared it to the red one. Undoubtedly, it's the blue one for me, please - the photo in that one is far preferable to the one in the red!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've just had a look at my old blue one and compared it to the red one. Undoubtedly, it's the blue one for me, please - the photo in that one is far preferable to the one in the red!

Does it still have the aroma of Empire? :love:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It's a sad state of affairs that people really care what colour a passport is.

... and not the fact that, if Brexit goes ahead, I'll be giving up a passport that gives me the right to live, work and study in 28 countries - and it'll be replaced by one that enables me to live, work and study in one.

How on earth can people be so blasé about this?

D

Deleted member 22389

... and not the fact that, if Brexit goes ahead, I'll be giving up a passport that gives me the right to live, work and study in 28 countries - and it'll be replaced by one that enables me to live, work and study in one.

How on earth can people be so blasé about this?

I could get an Italian passport tomorrow, no questions asked but I really can't be bothered, because nobody is going to stop you travelling to Europe when we leave th EU.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I could get an Italian passport tomorrow

That gives you a reason to be blasé, but for the half of us whose only way of having a EU passport is our UK citizenship, we won't have the *right* to live/work/study in the rest of the EU anymore, unless the government does a massive u-turn on freedom of movement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That gives you a reason to be blasé, but for the half of us whose only way of having a EU passport is our UK citizenship, we won't have the *right* to live/work/study in the rest of the EU anymore, unless the government does a massive u-turn on freedom of movement.

You missed out a significant part of the post you replied to:

"I could get an Italian passport tomorrow, no questions asked but I really can't be bothered, because nobody is going to stop you travelling to Europe when we leave the EU."

Bit selective that, eh?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
You missed out a significant part of the post you replied to:

"I could get an Italian passport tomorrow, no questions asked but I really can't be bothered, because nobody is going to stop you travelling to Europe when we leave the EU."

Bit selective that, eh?

This government is committed to ending Freedom of Movement. The EU parliament will insist on rights being reciprocal. So, unless the UK approach changes pretty dramatically then, in two years' time, my kids and I will not have the right to live, work, and study in the other 27 EU countries, which we currently do.

We *might* still be able to move. We don't know. It's pure speculation. But saying that we won't have the *right* to unless there's a change of direction/government, and that this is reflected in the change of passports, is a solid prediction.

And it perfectly illustrates how the young people of the UK have been ****ed over by the older generations who voted to leave the EU.

Why would anyone care, even slightly, what colour the passport is?

Nigel Farage and the Daily Express seem to be getting aroused by the prospect, see earlier posting. Says it all really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here