Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BIG Grand National Thread

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Irish Raptor - gone huge £5 e/w 40-1, out of interest if it does not run have i lost my wonga ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tricky trickster or big fella thanks i would imagine

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
"It depends when you put it on, most bookies are doing NRNB (Non Runner No Bet) now.

Cheers, this morning, ile nip round and ask,did not realise there was still lots more horses than the allowed 40 still left in with a shout of running

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm off to Aintree to watch the racing on Thursday - my first visit to the course - but will be back at Withdean on Saturday listening to the race on the radio.

I think Eric's Charm could be an interesting each way bet, currently trading at around 50-1.

B-Rad

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
I will be there saturday, iv already dumped a fiver e/w on backstage at 16/1 just through pub talk with regular punters. i cant honestly say who ill bet on when im there. i dont think ill even remember.:cheers:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
tricky trickster or big fella thanks i would imagine

According to a large staking, THOROUGHLY in profit, punter today, Big Fella Thanks has "very literally, no chance". This guy knows his stuff, and was on Imperial Commander LARGE, which was by no means a fluke.

He didn't back Tricky Trickster, either. I have, though. :facepalm:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I backed the horse that came second the year before last, King Johns Castle which ran on well then, goes fresh and is laid out for it.
On at 50/1 and 40/1, currently 33/1.

Its rare for horses that ran at cheltenham to do well at aintree, they are the choice of mug punters, ie the package, comply or die and no doubt speilburgs CARTHORSE. You need horses that have been laid out for it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
According to a large staking, THOROUGHLY in profit, punter today, Big Fella Thanks has "very literally, no chance". This guy knows his stuff, and was on Imperial Commander LARGE, which was by no means a fluke.

He didn't back Tricky Trickster, either. I have, though. :facepalm:

Because both ran at cheltenham, read the form to make money.:wave:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Because both ran at cheltenham, read the form to make money.:wave:

I read the form daily, and I do what I can. But I rarely get many right. :laugh:
I'll take any help I can get. This guy pointed me toward a 28/1 winner at Meydan a month or so ago, and when he comes in on friday to place his LARGE bet on the National, safe to say all of us in the shop will depart to Corals.... I have more faith in his tips than any others. He's so good, he's limited!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I do 2 or 3 and last year got 2nd 5th, year before 1st 2nd and 8th.

Its easier once you work out what not to back imo. :)

Ive also backed Black Appalachian 16/1 and may add a 20/1 shot but forgot its name atm.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes, Yes and Yes again. Bet 365, Tote sport, Boyle Sports, Bet Fred, victor chandler, Paddy Power, Stan James, Ladbrokes, Coral and William Hill are all oferring Best Odds Guarenteed.

In English this means that if your horse drifts in price you will get the SP but if the odds go down you are guarenteed that at which you took the price. 16's with Tote or Stan James currently. Even ignoring the above, The National market is notriously bad for lots of horses being backed in but few drifting. Taking the price is the way forward.

Grand National Betting Odds

Hannibal, you've done a preview for us the last couple of years breaking the race down due to statistics and trends, have you done one this year??

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I have gone for Erics Charm, purely on the basis that the jockey is wearing this BEAUT

_47605289_ericscharm.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here