Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'big deal' fatasy share dealing league - anyone else playing?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Its saying i can't join syndicates at this time?!?! Which is a pain in the arse, considering I started playing this morning and I'm already 1800 in the blue :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
'sake, Quindell was flying first thing this morning could have taken about £4k profit now holding a £3k loss :nono: and I sold skye pharm and now they are starting to rise. Bloody stupid game, I couldn't do this with my own money

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I am. Hanging on to quindell. Bought £5000 at 12p last summer and bought £6000 more at 23p last month. So lost around £1500 since 11am but £12000 up.

Had same with COMS £6000 profit has become £4000. It's a hard life.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
some shares seem to bounce up and down quite a lot. may be worth going large in just one share., if get timing ring..

doubt we will will any prizes in first showing

£105k though not bad- 5% up in a couple of weeks, far better than any bank account!:drama:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
some shares seem to bounce up and down quite a lot. may be worth going large in just one share., if get timing ring..

doubt we will will any prizes in first showing

£105k though not bad- 5% up in a couple of weeks, far better than any bank account!:drama:

I thought we were given £105,000 to spend but a £100,000 base level. So a 5% increase to start with. I would certainly be happy if First Direct offered that.

I have proved that luck plays a major part in investment, which as you say is usually due to timing. Cityseagull has thrashed me in the league and has outperformed in our real ISAs, as well, with a portfolio grown to 40% greater than mine. The thing is I select for her. Every share I have struggles and her's take off. I have analysed the selection process but cannot find any reasoning. It has now got to the point where I cannot buy any shares in my name that she has in her ISA, in case I break the luck. She has had 3 double in 6 months and Thomas Cook triple.

Luckily what's hers is ours and what I have isn't worth her having and is subsidised by her.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Weird indeed. The spread is 650%. 2p bid 15p ask. The volume was low today. What's going on?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder if its some sort of bug in the software, there seems to have been a few, maybe it will sort itself out as it seems to do an update each night just after midnight when the prices change from those at the close.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No its mentioned in LSE share chat. Search HOTS LSE. The buyers or buyer is called an idiot. Its a good share chat site. Lots of rubbish but some gems such as Quindell and COMS last summer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
My fund currently stands at £164,657 but still only in 33rd place. There are some smart/lucky bar stewards out there.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Wow wish I found Henderson Opportunities Trust Plc (HOTS) up 142% today :eek: assuming its not a mistake

They are the subscription shares not the ordinary shares. It's not an anomaly, sub shares usually have large bid-offer spreads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here