Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best things about the United Kingdom

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Basically that we're pretty much the most civilised nation on the planet. So everything that goes into that, which is a lot.

I worked in the States for a while and I'll never forget sitting in traffic because a lad had been knocked off his bike by a car (only time I ever saw an American cycling along a road), the paramedics were trying to get him into the ambulance and he was trying to run away from them. If they'd got him in, he'd have had to pay to be taken to hospital. It was like a benny hill scene with this poor ******* limping about and the two guys trying to subdue him without assaulting him.

Everyone else was just berating him for having the temerity to cycle somewhere.

That was the day I realised the land of the free was really not for me. Somewhere that will charge you to help you doesn't make sense to me. Of course the NHS isn't truly free but at least they aren't making profit on our wounded.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I love being British. I love our sense of fair play, of rooting for the underdog, for the fact that a day after a terrorist attack we go about our business in exactly the same way because it's what we've always done and it's the only way we know.

I love the fact that, even in the 21st century, by and large we trust our police force and it's respected world-wide. I love that no matter the problem, it can always be made better by a cup of tea. I love how our way of coping is to take the piss out of everything. I love that, unlike say France, we don't try to impose a secular culture on everyone. It's up to us how we live our lives and how we dress.

I love how we are only a small country but musically we are world-leaders and continue to push boundaries, refusing to be restricted by the music of generations past. I love the self-deprecation; only the British could turn use the word "quite" to mean "very":

Was he hurt?

Yes, it was quite a bad crash

I love that we flick Vs and I love the history behind why we flick Vs. I love the way that the British working class go out and party at weekends. They binge-drink, they snog, they fight, they declare undying love for their mates, we might die younger but we have a f*cking good time doing it.

I love that the best swear words are Anglo-Saxon swear words. I love the fact that if the shit hits the fan somewhere in the world and there are other British people, you know that they'll look after each other.

I bloody love this country.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I love the way that the British working class go out and party at weekends. They binge-drink, they snog, they fight, they declare undying love for their mates, we might die younger but we have a f*cking good time doing it.

I am WELLING UP with pride.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shoes, apart from Italy who makes shoes as good as the UK?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our sense of fairness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here