hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Röyksopp (Norway)
The Sugarcubes (Iceland)

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
Les Negresses Verte are the best band to come out of France. I don't know how to link stuff but have a look at the Zobi La Mouche video.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Geoff Achison - superb Aussie blues singer/guitarist.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Les Negresses Verte are the best band to come out of France. I don't know how to link stuff but have a look at the Zobi La Mouche video.

I'll raise your Les Negresses Verte with Tetes Raides. The whistle alone in this is just a stroke of pure genius for me. France has a wealth of musical talent. If we start posting Yann Tiersen tunes for starters we'd be here all night.

[yt]NOSonZJpk68[/yt]

Being into reggae and 'world music' I'd say well over 90% of my music collection is of non UK/US origin.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nice LB.

In a similar vein. Taraf De Haidouks album - Band of Gypsies is a masterpiece !

I'm also partial to Mahala Rai Banda and as for Esma Redzepova !, having seen her perform live at The Barbican I'd say she's one of the sexiest performers I've ever seen.

[yt]nUBmm45H43o[/yt]

The one woman I'd have loved to see live though was Cheikha Remitti - the undisputed Queen of Rai music. How about this for a tune from someone in her 70's! She recorded right into her 80's too.

[yt]tfLEDk_qBl8[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I remember the first time I heard this tune. Loved it then and still love it now.

[yt]Htjwd68Ovas[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Also, talking of New Zealand.

KFM 106.9 FM is one of the best internet radio stations going for me.

- Kfm Radio 106.9 FM

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. Loved these for a decade and am finally going to get to see them in Blighty. They're playing The Garage in Highbury on 28th July if anybody else is up for some 9 piece ska mayhem.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:clap: Japan certainly know how to pick up a genre and run with it. Ska wise I'd heard of Ska Flames from there, and dub reggae wise, Dry & Heavy.

My favourite sound to come out of Japan has to be Soil & Pimp Sessions. Love that 'Death' jazz sound of theirs. They even have a band member simply known as the agitator. He's the one in the black suit in this clip in case you hadn't guessed :lol:

[yt]YWHP_mGPlJk[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd almost forgotten about Yann Tomita and also Yoshinori Sunahara. Two more superb artists to come out of Japan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports