Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The best chillis sauces on the market.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sriracha is the favourite here.

But since a Bangladeshi guy I work with pointed out that dried chillies (including a lot of sauces) damage your sleep and upset your stomach the next day, whereas this isn't a problem with fresh chillies which are much easier for the body to digest. As such, I try to use fresh chillies whenever I want anything really hot.

Don't know about anyone else but I can eat really hot food, but the subsequent indigestion is a nightmare.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20210428_132039.JPG

Found this place the other week, the sauce shop. They do all kinds of sauces, drizzles, dips etc. Highly recommended, really good stuff. Postage can be pricey on their website so find them on Amazon instead.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's hard to beat the full Tabasco range, I always go back to them.

41ZOdXsIciL._AC_.jpg

I've just bought a big bottle of their sweet "Asian" sauce off Amazon. Very hard to find in the UK, this was shipped from The Netherlands.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
View attachment 136205

Found this place the other week, the sauce shop. They do all kinds of sauces, drizzles, dips etc. Highly recommended, really good stuff. Postage can be pricey on their website so find them on Amazon instead.

Another vote for these guys here. Agree about the postage but they do quite often send out email offers with free delivery codes.

These guys are also local-ish and pretty good https://must-chup.co.uk/

And if you want something blow your head off hot: https://www.hot-headz.com/daves-insanity-sauce

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
We met a couple on holiday a few years back. They run Fire Foods, all home made and andsome seriously good stuff. Nick claimed to have had the worlds hottest chilli at one point. He also does many of the large shows so keep an eye out when they start up again.

https://www.firefoods.co.uk/about/

https://www.firefoods.co.uk/

A few headline offerings.

Blow your cock off - hottest chilli sauce

Foo Kin Shi Tot

Cajun Bum bandit

Betty Swollocks

That said my favourites are the Tandori Garlic and the Fire Garlic, not too hot and decent with a curry.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

well well well Mr Naga,

I have some of that in the fridge. My brother swears by it. I go to this incredible spice shop in Tooting called the Patel Brothers. It's very well known.

I bought a jar for my brother and one for myself. One the brothers warned me of the heat and he has right.

I only tried it recently and although I liked the taste it turned my arse into an explosive naga volcano.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As mentioned above NOT HOT but unusual "fusion" flavour.

TabascoSweetandSpicySauceBuyOnlineUK_WhatTheFood_720x.jpg

More refined that Sriracha. I'm not a huge fan, but am aware they are "variable".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
View attachment 136196

My Mrs practically drinks this stuff out of the bottle. Way too hot for me. I'll have a bit of a bite but this is over my limit.

The regular Encona has been my go-to table hot sauce for years now, primarily as it's available in Tesco and modestly-priced.

The Carolina Reaper variant they do is, I believe, even hotter but it's also got a better fruitier flavour IMO, and I prefer it.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
well well well Mr Naga,

I have some of that in the fridge. My brother swears by it. I go to this incredible spice shop in Tooting called the Patel Brothers. It's very well known.

I bought a jar for my brother and one for myself. One the brothers warned me of the heat and he has right.

I only tried it recently and although I liked the taste it turned my arse into an explosive naga volcano.

Have a look and see if they do the one that looks like large chunks of green pepper by the same company
If you think the red ( in the video ) is hot the other just scorches your taste buds away Evil stuff
I think the red is called sauce the green may be called pickle I can’t recall exactly

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Have a look and see if they do the one that looks like large chunks of green pepper by the same company
If you think the red ( in the video ) is hot the other just scorches your taste buds away Evil stuff
I think the red is called sauce the green may be called pickle I can’t recall exactly

Yes I'll have a look, point at it and shout yeah that's the stuff that turned my backside inside out.

Hold on I'll take a look in the fridge.... give me 5 mins.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I love a hot sauce so my friend got me some Blair’s 3am reserve. Jesus it’s without doubt the lost evil concoction I’ve ever encountered. Two drips in a big vat of chilli and you get serious heat. If it touches your hand without a glove it actually removes a layer of skin. I’ve had it 5 years and barely used a filth of a (small) jar.

97874c6c3f63c8fe71bf1b46a1b3c871.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

The red one is the Hot Pepper Pickle (VERY HOT)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Down here we have The South Devon Chilli Farm, they do everything chilli, the sauce is nice, not too hot but I do prefer Sweet Chilli sauce, they do many other products like Chilli Chocolate and supply Burts Crisps for their sweet chilli flavour.
Don't know if their products are available nationwide.

Yes there are in a number of shops. I usually get a mix off them as an Xmas present and I always buy their seeds. They have a great website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here