Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best and worst last studio albums

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Although strangely the last two albums were their highest placed albums in the UK album charts. However on Naked in addition to Blind, I do like Mr Jones and (Nothing but) Flowers. True stories has Love for sale and wild wild life, so maybe a EPs worth. Don't play either album as much as the first 6

One of my favourite TH tracks (along with 'Life During Wartime')

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Stranglers' last two albums (with the original line-up) were utter crap: Dreamtime and 10

On the other hand, the 'recent' Black Sabbath album, - 13 - is one of their best; it contains some of Tony Iommi's best-ever and heaviest, doomy, riffs.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Squeeze last Album Domino was poorish. Both Difford and Tilbrook acknowledge that for a variety of reasons . Hopefully, their first after 17 years, which will be released later this year will be much better. First few tracks that i have heard appears to be a return to form. The albim accompanies BBC series on Danny Bakers life.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
The MC5 - High Time is a very good final studio album.

This is more difficult than it seems. I was planning to suggest Loaded by the Velvet Underground as being a decent finishing point, but Wiki suggests that they put out something called "Squeeze" in 1973 without Lou Reed, which I've never heard of before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here