The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Shitholes and yes i have lived in this places.

Crawley
Newhaven
These two are streets ahead

Burgess Hill
Haywards Heath
Not keen on Cuckfield either.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Worst- Whitwhawk, Moulscoombe, Bevandene
Best- Hove, Worthing(town), Shoreham Beach

Assume you mean Bevendean?

I live in Bevendean now, in the area up by where the Bevendean pub was. Having lived in a number of areas in Brighton, this is by far my favourite. We have neighbours, who we know their names, and talk to. The rubbish is kept in bins ready for collection day (not clearing up after seagulls ripped bin bags over pavement) students not creating Havlicek on our front door at 2am, roads not used as race tracks. It also allowed Mrs Surrey Jim and I to purchase a 3 bed house for the price a flat would be in Hove.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
View attachment 57697

View attachment 57698

On a very short walk from the back of my house I took these photos, most people just see the industrial estates and incinerator.
House prices are not too bad either, I'm from Brighton and I would not be able to afford the size and quality of my house there.

Out of interest have you lived in Newhaven?

Where were these taken? Piddinhoe?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best - Brighton
Lewes has a lot of positives

Worst:
Burgess Hill - endless Bovis and Barrett's type estates with ever decreasing postage stamp sized back gardens, these days 1/2 filled with upvc conservatories. The culture - Tescos's, the Triangle and hockey pitches. Even the boredom doesn't guarantee tranquility. Mates had problems with unemployed chavs vandalising and waking neighbours up throughout the night on one of those Bovis estates.
Lancing
Peacehaven
Newhaven

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Best - Brighton
Lewes has a lot of positives

Worst:
Burgess Hill - endless Bovis and Barrett's type estates with ever decreasing postage stamp sized back gardens, these days 1/2 filled with upvc conservatories. The culture - Tescos's, the Triangle and hockey pitches. Even the boredom doesn't guarantee tranquility. Mates had problems with unemployed chavs vandalising and waking neighbours up throughout the night on one of those Bovis estates.
Lancing
Peacehaven
Newhaven

Ooh listen to you looking down your nose from ' Withdean area'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports