Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
It'll be Crawsham within a decade, then what will you do?

Horsham, just a small town in Crawley then.

Lived in Crawley all my life, where I am (Worth), isn't too bad, though yes, the town centre is a dump right now.

Must admit I'd love to live somewhere else, but my work has moved to Hounslow for the time being. I don't fancy moving because of work, plus I enjoy the convenient transport links, train and road.

So yes, its a dump, but a convenient dump......

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Bexhill, but mind the mobility scooters, especially my partners as she actually give pedestrians the score as she hits them!!!! Also heaven with the Albatross club with four micro brewery ales on at the same time.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I've lived in Robertsbridge,Bodiam,Bexhill,RYE,Ticehurst,Battle & now I live in Hastings i've never been happier.
Every village I've lived in has been shite as everyone knows each others business & is full of gossips & inbreds.
Hastings is Great,

Yeah would have to agree. Having spent the first 18 years of my life in Battle, I can't say I miss it much. Lovely town but some of the locals are awful...

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Best place.... Hastings and Bexhill.

Worst place..... Uckfield.

Going to have to disagree with myself on this - as I meant to disagree with the original post. What I meant to say was having lived in Uckfield for 4 years I have become very attached and protective of the place. Not sure that came across in my previous post.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Funny how nobody knows how to spell Moulesecoombe.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Best-Hove. That bit south of Portland Road, East of Boundary and West of Sackville.
Worst- not lived in any part of Sussex I have not liked.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Born in Brighton, raised in Hove.
Don't particularly like either of the above too much. Too dirty and too many tourists.
Going to be unpopular, I know.

Worst:
Whitehawk
Moulescoomb
Falmer
Fishersgate
Portslade
Hollingdean

Best:
Many parts of Mid-Sussex.
Falmer? FALMER?!that was a place I always wanted to live, overlooking the pond. Still a lovely place, despite being bisected by the A27. Even better now that a nice football team have moved in next door. Just wish I could afford to move there.😢

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I lived in Brighton for 16 years. Loved it. Unfortunately now live in Surrey. While the countryside is quite nice the towns are nearly all shockingly dull and full of Daily Mail types. Cannot stand living here. Moving permanently to Cornwall next March and cannot wait to leave Surrey.
Sh*t Nibble,
What part of Surrey ails you so?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven is a dump too...

image.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
IMHO
Best : Eastbourne > Great value for money on property and easy access to the amex
Worst : Newhaven - Just nothing good about it apart from proximity to Brighton

image.jpg

image.jpg

On a very short walk from the back of my house I took these photos, most people just see the industrial estates and incinerator.
House prices are not too bad either, I'm from Brighton and I would not be able to afford the size and quality of my house there.

Out of interest have you lived in Newhaven?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here