Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The BEST Albion night ever!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I can't remember being this excited about an Albion game since the promotion season. WOW!!!! In truth I couldn't care less if I never went to Selhurst Park, but I'll be envious of every single person in the away end if this happens tomorrow! :albion2:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Wow, so it could really happen, and it’s in our own hands! So all we now is to be 2:0 down at HT then come back and win 3:2, for the truly greatest (footballing) night of our lives. Btw did anyone else put money on this?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I almost started a thread on Friday called 'Were you at Palace when we went top of the Premier League?' But didnt want to tempt fate and was almost certain at least one of the teams above us would win today.

What's the betting we're 1-0 up and Zaha equalises on 90+5 with a dodgy pen?

Youd get a lot better of odds of Zaha diving for a pen, than Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool all not winning today!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I can't remember being this excited about an Albion game since the promotion season. WOW!!!! In truth I couldn't care less if I never went to Selhurst Park, but I'll be envious of every single person in the away end if this happens tomorrow! :albion2:

The scenes if this happens.... will be hard to know what to sing first?

We are top of the league
Brighton are Back
Or, We can see you sneaking out!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We are top of the league
Brighton are Back

Irrespective of the result, 6 days later we get to trot out:-

'You should have stayed with a big club'

and for the first time in our history it won't be ironic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it’s Locadia in the 98th minute, via a very dodgy VAR call, that would be perfect. :)

Nah, Connolly tapping in a Duffy flick on.

Some Albion fans would be disappointed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We are top of the league
Brighton are Back

Where were you when we were shit?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come now. Let's not talk this great country down. We have a world beating.....

Sorry, wrong thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
…..early #teamslikeBrighton shout :)

FCE8CB3F-D3D3-487C-905D-3B3B8D510F6A.png

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
In all our years could you ever dream this up ! This is now everyone ,enjoy the anticipation, fear the humiliation and thank the Lord for Tony Bloom ! Amen and UTA !!!!!!!!!!!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Any [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] rant after a defeat will do :lolol:

Me rant?

I think I've chilled out so much, tbh I'm not sure I've got it in me to rant anymore... I'm starting to spend my evenings listening to soundtracks like the wonderful a Beautiful Mind, drinking herbal teas, I'm now a vegetarian, barely drink and like to get to bed by 10:30pm... I drink smoothies most mornings, decaff coffee... yep that's right; I've turned into Jon Anderson from Yes, that clean living plant based linen wearing pillock who has truly 'found himself' after years of trying to convince people I've never met I'm some kind of visionary dream weaver...

Rant over.

Ahem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me rant?

I think I've chilled out so much, tbh I'm not sure I've got it in me to rant anymore... I'm starting to spend my evenings listening to soundtracks like the wonderful a Beautiful Mind, drinking herbal teas, I'm now a vegetarian, barely drink and like to get to bed by 10:30pm... I drink smoothies most mornings, decaff coffee... yep that's right; I've turned into Jon Anderson from Yes, that clean living plant based linen wearing pillock who has truly 'found himself' after years of trying to convince people I've never met I'm some kind of visionary dream weaver...

Rant over.

Ahem.

I was referring to you and your post match rants in the late nineties on here!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was referring to you and your post match rants in the late nineties on here!

Ah; my younger angrier incarnation, yes the vigour and surety of youth... I guess, back then, it was a time to be angry and agog at the state of the club... I think those feelings fed into my own online narrative, that and I was in love with a girl at school who I had zero chance with... I suspect my unrequited emotions needed an outlet, and BOY did our performances at the time give me ample ammunition to fire my emotions broadside for the world to see (lol)

I would have been approx 16/17 at the time, maybe I can be forgiven for the errors of my ways?

I'd love to see some of the stuff I wrote, I know I'd be thinking what a complete arse... although I firmly stand by the quality of my poetry, someone once quipped: "Your poetry reads like the cliched meanderings of a frustrated sixth former..."

Errrrmm guess what? I was a frustrated sixth former and (yes) you completely nailed it. I'd say that's high praise indeed.

It was probably Berkshire Seagull, still my #1 nemesis, by compraison Mr Burns was a pallid doppelganger.

Last edited:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
When I posted this last week I meant to put a question mark in the title, by the time I realised it was too late. So come Monday evening at 10pm, the question will be, was this the best Albion night ever? Either a dramatic late winner or a comfortable win and I suspect the answer will be yes. What would make it the best Albion night for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here