Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best 10 Minutes Of Southern Counties Radio EVER

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Best 10 Minutes Of Southern Counties Radio [b]ever[/b]

Martin Perry, fighting to keep a hold of his temper, reducing Norman Baker to a hesitant, gibbering fool, completely unequipped to handle Perrys direct questioning on his anti-Falmer stance...and all to the electrifying background noise of 1600 Albion fans chanting "WE WANT FALMER" incessantly throughout the entire debate.

This, my friends, was Live radio to behold. Baker simply could not answer Perry when he asked:

1. How, after 6 years, and thorough investgiation into all the alternative sites, Baker felt he could claim the Albion had "rushed" into the Falmer application ?

2. Where, in Bakers considered opinion, should the Albion play instead ?

Baker squirmed, he ducked, he dived. But he couldn't answer. Perry pressed HARD for a direct answer...which never came. My only regret is that Harty cut the debate short because there were "lot of callers waiting".
Bollocks.
Harty - with all due respect - the other callers should have been told they can can frigging well WAIT. When you've got Martin Perry in full flow, an anti-Falmer MP being utterly battered against the ropes and floundering completely out of his depth against a rational and eloquent speaker, THAT is what the fans want to hear. Not Arthur from Eastbourne coming on with "so what happens if its turned down ?" I could almost hear the sigh of relief from Baker when you said you were going to the calls now as "it is a FANS phone-in". Let off the hook, or what.

Top radio all the same. Its not often I'm rivetted by SCR, but today, that was simply unmissable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tch.
Why doesn't the BOLD work on the thread titles. D'oh !

will CAPITALS do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Perry V Baker was Tyson V Bruno.

Bakers corner were about to throw in the towel.

Baker will be stacking shelves at Tesco within 2 years which is all fairness is too good for him.

Sorry to insult Tesco employees.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done Ernest you are on board !.

If Ernest is coming around to the might of Perry the battle is won, well almost !.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
I was like a rabid dog frothing at the mouth with excitement as Mighty Martin ripped into Barmy Baker.
It was just like WWF on the radio :clap2: :clap2:
I never thought I'd see the day. What an amazing week this has been, and that post from Ernest has just about capped it all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
As passionate as we all are about the Albion I do have to adhere to certain BBC guidelines regarding balance etc.
Both Martin Perry and Norman Baker had their say, in fact they both had three bites at the cherry, and to me and in fact to all listening it was very clear who came out of the debate on top, I stopped the exchange of opinions for a number of reasons, the primary one being that my producer was telling me to wrap it up, although Hawesy was chomping at the bit with his interviews and we had a large number of callers, many who were first timers.
If it had been a boxing match, as a number of people have likened it to on this thread, as ref I probably would have stopped it at the point I did anyway, there was a clear winner and frankly the loser was well beaten and any more punishment would have been unecessary in the circumstances.
Stopping it when I did gives the opportunity of a possible re-match, something I'm sure the good people on NSC will all look forward to.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Just want to repeat Richy_Seagull's question; any idea if & where ex-pats & those at the game can get to hear this gem?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd like to hear it as well - come on some techie, talk to Harty then post an audio link.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here