Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Best 0-0 draw I ever saw was....

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Nottingham Forest, in a league cup match, end to end for 90 minutes, cracking atmosphere under the floodlights at the Goldstone. In trying to find the date of the match, I discovered that Stuart Pearce's brother was one of the linesmen, whilst Stuart Pearce was captaining Forest on the pitch. 24th September 1986 by the way.

I was at that game, having stolen the evening away from doing school work (it was my A-Level year). Gerry Armstrong put a brilliant header into the south goal, only for it to be disallowed, inexplicably as I thought. I still can't remember why it was disallowed. We lost 3-0 at the City Ground in the second leg, with the usually hard Stuart Pearce going down in a heap to win a penalty from a challenge by Steve Gatting.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was at that game, having stolen the evening away from doing school work (it was my A-Level year). Gerry Armstrong put a brilliant header into the south goal, only for it to be disallowed, inexplicably as I thought. I still can't remember why it was disallowed. We lost 3-0 at the City Ground in the second leg, with the usually hard Stuart Pearce going down in a heap to win a penalty from a challenge by Steve Gatting.

Gerry Armstrong rarely gets a mention does he?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Albion 0 Swindon 0, I think it was the 2003 L3 title game? Randomly ran into Newcastle supporting London neighbour & his Geordie mates down for the weekend on the beach, who were then happy to go round town chanting "0-0 to the Albion"!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Spurs definitely cracking on and off the pitch, still got the scars !!!

Pompey 1991 absolutely battered them, and we got relegated that season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not the best, but a 0-0 against Grimsby at a freezing Goldstone ground in front of about 4000 fans. Memorable (to me) for the debut of Gary Chivers who looked assured straight away in our team.

edit: Just looked it up, it was just over 7000, but I’d never seen the North Stand so empty or quiet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I felt pretty confident/enjoyed the 0-0 first leg of the play offs at Selhurst in 2013.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The Spurs nil nil was my first Albion game, brilliant game and atmosphere.

Remember going to the Hawthorns in 1981 (I think), West Brom were really strong then and it was an end to end game, stayed in Smethwick for the Saturday night, that was an education.......

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Albion 0-0 Portsmouth, Boxing Day 1989
Possibly the dullest game of football I've ever watched but was so hungover the lack of anything to be excited about was a blessing as nobody was shouting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here