Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Benefit of Points Achieved

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
So does the third place team have to play the winners of both 4th. versus 7th. and 5th. versus 6th., or do they have to wait for yet another match to be played before they come into it? Just how long will they have to wait after the end of the season? Perhaps they should just go off on their summer holidays and be summoned back whenever the rest have worked out who they're going to have to play.

Match to be played in flip-flops, perhaps?

No 4th v 7th and 5th vs 6th play semis like now then a final to play 3rd. This could be done in a week.

EG
Semi first leg on sat
Semi second leg on tues
Final following sat

Play off final involving 3rd place and winner of the the above end of may as normal.

Further "punishment" if you like for finishing 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th having to play 3 games in a week, while the 3rd place team can relax and prepare for the final. Seems fair to me and extends the interest in the playoffs down the league positions.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I think the third place team should go straight to Wembley and the remaining teams play off against each other to determine their opponent. All being well, I should be able to push this through in the next hour or so too. And backdate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here