Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Belgium bombing - An interesting perspective

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Typical lefty bollocks from the Labour Party daily news sheet!
As usual, more interested in the reaction of people's feelings towards the actions of 'Muslim' terrorists that might possibly offend Muslims!!!
As per the norm trying to take some 'right on' liberal moral high ground that anyone who dares react angrily to terrorists like this are now doing exactly what they wanted to achieve, and dare anyone have anything remotely bad to say about Muslims because if you do you are a 'Racist'!
What a load of shit!!!!

It's good belonging to a 'Christian Country'. You can do what the feck you like safe in the knowledge that only you get the blame and not your entire race or religion.....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It never used to be like that. When Brighton was bombed by the IRA, what did we do? We went to work and grumbled about the traffic. .

Really ?

I worked and lived about a mile away at the time. Only left -wing f*cking idiots went to work and grumbled about the traffic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've not paid much attention to the attack in Belgium. I think the article is telling me to carry on.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So even you acknowledge and can see the pathetic bias and not very well 'hidden agenda' in that drivel then?
And now you are asking people to ignore those blazingly obvious issues with the so called news story and be drawn in and accept that the article is now something to be taken seriously?
As you said mate "Naive"!!! And if you believe that story then add "Gullible"

I didn't see a hidden agenda I just read it at face value. I was merely stating that others had focused on what they perceived as a hidden agenda

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Ah but you see the Guardian faithful have to try and find a new straw to grasp at as so many of their previous truths are being shown to be absurd. A couple of examples; Islamic terrorism is nothing to do with Islam and multiculturalism/mass immigration is to be welcomed come what may. Far easier to suggest playing down these terrorist attacks rather than facing up to some uncomfortable truths. Thousands of terrorists have entered Europe via migrant routes according to the authorities, numerous countries are facing severe societal tensions because of this migrant influx, there is a rise of extremist political parties in response. Ignoring or downplaying these facts won't make the problem go away or stop the next bomb going off.

Agree with Jenkins on one point though the media/political response is entirely predictable and in the main meaningless. Mr Murray sums it up nicely in this link.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...ed-in-europe-let-the-standard-response-begin/

Well said mate

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ah but you see the Guardian faithful have to try and find a new straw to grasp at as so many of their previous truths are being shown to be absurd. A couple of examples; Islamic terrorism is nothing to do with Islam and multiculturalism/mass immigration is to be welcomed come what may. Far easier to suggest playing down these terrorist attacks rather than facing up to some uncomfortable truths. Thousands of terrorists have entered Europe via migrant routes according to the authorities, numerous countries are facing severe societal tensions because of this migrant influx, there is a rise of extremist political parties in response. Ignoring or downplaying these facts won't make the problem go away or stop the next bomb going off.

Agree with Jenkins on one point though the media/political response is entirely predictable and in the main meaningless. Mr Murray sums it up nicely in this link.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...ed-in-europe-let-the-standard-response-begin/

2jangib.jpg

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Why is it the same half a dozen of our more extreme right wingers are allowed to derail so many threads. I enjoy the likes of Buzzer pointing out the holes in the lefty arguments but can do without the constant swarm of loud thick knuckledraggers foaming at the mouth when anyone types Guardian, or Muslim. Compared to them even a 10 page debate between Daveinprague and Cunningfergus is entertaining and enlightening

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Typical lefty bollocks from the Labour Party daily news sheet!
As usual, more interested in the reaction of people's feelings towards the actions of 'Muslim' terrorists that might possibly offend Muslims!!!
As per the norm trying to take some 'right on' liberal moral high ground that anyone who dares react angrily to terrorists like this are now doing exactly what they wanted to achieve, and dare anyone have anything remotely bad to say about Muslims because if you do you are a 'Racist'!
What a load of shit!!!!

Are you completely mad? :shrug:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don't know about the politics of this paper, but I have to agree with some of the sentiment in the article. I am in Disneyland in Paris at the moment with my daughter . Everytime we enter the park or Hotel our bags are checked and there is a metal detector thing to walk through. I understand why they are doing it so I am not annoyed at the staff. But on the other hand I am really ennoyed they are doing it, because it pointless and every time they do it I am thinking these *******s are winning.

I taking my daughter to see Paris the city tomorrow, I am not concerned about being shot or blown up, more concerned about being able to get back to the hotel if the metro shuts due to a scare. It seems we have lost our dignity the governments need to find these cowards, protect people and stop scaremongering and we need to just get on with life as before.

I think it is a dishonour to those that have lost there lives to do anything else.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Seems logical and well written to me. The terrorists are carrying out their atrocities with a wide range of aims. The question for us is "Should we respond in a way that assists them in achieving them?"

Seems like a no brainer to me.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't know about the politics of this paper, but I have to agree with some of the sentiment in the article. I am in Disneyland in Paris at the moment with my daughter . Everytime we enter the park or Hotel our bags are checked and there is a metal detector thing to walk through. I understand why they are doing it so I am not annoyed at the staff. But on the other hand I am really ennoyed they are doing it, because it pointless and every time they do it I am thinking these *******s are winning.

I taking my daughter to see Paris the city tomorrow, I am not concerned about being shot or blown up, more concerned about being able to get back to the hotel if the metro shuts due to a scare. It seems we have lost our dignity the governments need to find these cowards, protect people and stop scaremongering and we need to just get on with life as before.

I think it is a dishonour to those that have lost there lives to do anything else.

Without a doubt the most stupid post ever put on NSC...well done...and you've had a quite a few to beat.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Interesting thread. If I'm to believe what I read, the ISIS interpretation of the Koran is that they look forward to a final, decisive battle with the unbelievers, which, as good chance would have it, is scheduled to take place around Syria.

At last, I've found something that I, the USA and Russia agree with ISIS on... er... but we disagree on the outcome of this decisive battle.

We shouldn't forget that the first Caliphate and its successor Caliphates terrorised southern Europe for 700 years after the death of the Moslem prophet Mohammed. Not good then, not nice now, if we can't stop it.

To the questions in this piece, yes there is something we can fairly do in the UK: separate church and state and write a constitution which forbids religious extremism of any sort, come down hard on religious loonies, Christian, Moslems, whatever. As a state let's remain tolerant of tolerant thought systems, and intolerant of intolerant ones.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah but you see the Guardian faithful have to try and find a new straw to grasp at as so many of their previous truths are being shown to be absurd. A couple of examples; Islamic terrorism is nothing to do with Islam .....
/[/url]

Normally I have plenty of time for your views.

1. I read the Guardian once a year. I am aware of Simon Jenkins. he is not a left wing warrior. Don't patronize me about 'Guardian faithful'.

2. Of course islamic terrorism is nothing to do with Islam (as in, you appear to suggest, Islam is the enemy). Next you will tell me that the IRA is about Catholic terrorism, and Catholics are the enemy and must be destroyed. Presumably you bundle in the labour party and its various luke warm supporters like myself. Want me arrested?

As someone else said. why do threads such as these have to be hijacked by a tiny number of right wing idiots. I really didn't think you were in that group, but . . . .:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Without a doubt the most stupid post ever put on NSC...well done...and you've had a quite a few to beat.

Beaten by your reply :tosser:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why is it the same half a dozen of our more extreme right wingers are allowed to derail so many threads. I enjoy the likes of Buzzer pointing out the holes in the lefty arguments but can do without the constant swarm of loud thick knuckledraggers foaming at the mouth when anyone types Guardian, or Muslim. Compared to them even a 10 page debate between Daveinprague and Cunningfergus is entertaining and enlightening

Come debate then Sir?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting thread. If I'm to believe what I read, the ISIS interpretation of the Koran is that they look forward to a final, decisive battle with the unbelievers, which, as good chance would have it, is scheduled to take place around Syria.

At last, I've found something that I, the USA and Russia agree with ISIS on... er... but we disagree on the outcome of this decisive battle.

We shouldn't forget that the first Caliphate and its successor Caliphates terrorised southern Europe for 700 years after the death of the Moslem prophet Mohammed. Not good then, not nice now, if we can't stop it.

To the questions in this piece, yes there is something we can fairly do in the UK: separate church and state and write a constitution which forbids religious extremism of any sort, come down hard on religious loonies, Christian, Moslems, whatever. As a state let's remain tolerant of tolerant thought systems, and intolerant of intolerant ones.

I agree but doesn't this come under the Hate Speech laws already in the UK? Surely the framework is there to enact your idea?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I agree but doesn't this come under the Hate Speech laws already in the UK? Surely the framework is there to enact your idea?

Not quite sure I follow your point, maybe I'm being thick.

My point is that we, the UK, can hardly be even-handed about dealing with 'religious' nutters while our state is predicated and intertwined with the Christian religion (i.e. church and state).

If the UK disestablished from the Christian faith we would be able to deal much more evenhandedly (and effectively) with all and any instances of 'religious' madness.

In short I'm calling for the UK to become a perfectly secular state, it's the only way I can see our having a way to deal with these people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here