Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The beginning of the Universe

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There has been a life force or energy everywhere for eternity.

Some choose to call that God or variations on such a theme.

I choose to simply call it what I believe it is; Life energy. I think it’s wonderful and to be celebrated rather than endlessly discussed, dissected, probed and analysed.

Nobody will EVER be able to answer the question of how we got here.

Especially while they are concentrating on creating new life force such as AI and treating the current life on earth like it’s worth nothing.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The big bang? That wasn't the beginning because something created the big bang so there was something already before the big bang.
There was never nothing before the big bang because nothing is something.

How did it all begin? It could never have begun.Even emptiness is something so where did emptiness come from?
I think this is a season defining question.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He doesn't know.How on earth can he.No-one knows.Aliens will come to us one day and explain it.I'm not joking.Maybe AI will explain it.If it were explained would we even understand it?
I think Brian Cox has had enough on his plate dealing with his media empire, under the guise of Logan Roy, rather than bother about little green men going bang....

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I think Brian Cox said you can actually see it - that’s how we know the Big Bang happened. Powerful telescope sees such great distances measured in light years that you are effectively looking back in time due to the time it has taken the light to reach us….

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another.” (Albert Einstein). Einstein had an IQ of 160, Roman Atkinson has an IQ of 178, so best ask him.
While Einstein is credited with the saying it was between 1842 and 1847, Julius Robert von Mayer , James Prescott Joule , and Hermann von Helmholtz discovered and formulated the basics of what we refer to today as the law of conservation of energy: Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be transformed from one form to another As with all things upon the backs of giants

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started, wait
The earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool
Neanderthals developed tools
We built a wall (we built the pyramids)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries
That all started with the big bang (bang)

The twin pillars of modern physics are Einstein’s General Relativity and quantum theory Sadly there is currently no link between the two theories as if there was it might answer what was here before the hot dense space as currently its nothing but as nothing is something leaves the question what was it and maybe string theory might have the answer by finally describing how the two pillars of modern physics might interact but no one has worked out how yet

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m wondering what the OP thinks about the club not giving 7-year old children a free shirt when their parent failed to sign them up to the club in time for them to qualify.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The big bang? That wasn't the beginning because something created the big bang so there was something already before the big bang.
There was never nothing before the big bang because nothing is something.

How did it all begin? It could never have begun.Even emptiness is something so where did emptiness come from?
Potter nailed it: "it is what it is..."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember asking my Mum where God came from and was never given a full answer. A bit like when I asked her how babies were created and the response was that it happened when a mummy and daddy make love to each other. Like the universe question, I'm still none the wiser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here