Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The battle for France

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Or maybe the French and the Germans are actually more productive? I read recently the Germans actually work less days than other EU countries due to numerous public holidays, lander holidays and the fact you get told to go home from work if you have so much as broken finger nail.....so they’re not actually at work to work through their lunch in the first place.
Probably right. Having a relaxed and happy workforce is generally more productive in the long run than treating people like shit. Unfortunately many companies don't see it like that.

Oh and "fewer". [emoji6]

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
It's not a big problem. Some big cities have problems not as big as Paris where the idiots are driving miles to make trouble. On some of the roundabouts near me, they will slow down the traffic a little, perhaps ask you to sign their petition, but smile and they are good spirited as a whole and will wave you on. I understand there are a few murders every week in London now! There are idiots everywhere I guess...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or maybe the French and the Germans are actually more productive? I read recently the Germans actually work less days than other EU countries due to numerous public holidays, lander holidays and the fact you get told to go home from work if you have so much as broken finger nail.....so they’re not actually at work to work through their lunch in the first place.

not sure why you brought the Germans into it :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Are the motorways free as well, out of curiosity?

Some of them particularly on a Saturday, we had a guest staying in our Gites, from Holland who drove all the way home with no problems from the yellow jackets - just a wave, drove via Paris all for free with less traffic we but it is the way they pay for the roads, no car tax, you basically pay for usage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here