Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Banner in the SW corner last night...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Fantastic attitude there. You sum up what is wrong with most of the human race in one go. Oh, things are mostly good so lets not bother if one thing is bad we only need to act once things have become almost irreversible damaged.
You do realise if you stand up for things and act at the beginning clubs would never get into situations like we did.

****ing hell :lolol:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Fantastic attitude there. You sum up what is wrong with most of the human race in one go. Oh, things are mostly good so lets not bother if one thing is bad we only need to act once things have become almost irreversible damaged.
You do realise if you stand up for things and act at the beginning clubs would never get into situations like we did.

:clap: :bowdown:

But it's not ours to stand up for, it has nothing to do with us. Or, for that matter, the rest of the football league. Let Hull deal with it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

But it's not ours to stand up for, it has nothing to do with us. Or, for that matter, the rest of the football league. Let Hull deal with it.

I'm assuming the situation at Coventry is nothing to do with us either. Leave it up to them to sort it out. I assume you feel there is no fraternity in football. I'm glad to say that I disagree with you.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Time for a name change possibly? How about FalmerforMe!** ?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I'm assuming the situation at Coventry is nothing to do with us either. Leave it up to them to sort it out. I assume you feel there is no fraternity in football. I'm glad to say that I disagree with you.

Cov is totally different, much like our situation. This isn't. Context, my friend.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
1. Fans united, remember that?

2. The intention was for home & away fans to hold it across the divide in a show of unity. Scuppered by stewards unfortunately.

3. It was their banner, you should ask them how much it cost if you're that bothered.

A lot of positive feedback from everywhere apart from this forum interestingly

Doesn't surprise me.

I thought it looked decent, good work.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Cov is totally different, much like our situation. This isn't. Context, my friend.

Where do you start and stop supporting other fans wishing to make their thoughts and feelings heard when their board refuses to listen? Context is not an issue. The chairman is refusing to enter into dialogue with his own set of supporters on an issue that is important to a significant number of them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Look at it this way.

It hasn't hurt you. It hasn't damaged our club's reputation in the eyes of other supporters. That's not a bad thing. Even if you don't give a fig about their name change, just see it as building our own reputation in the eyes of others. That's if you want to take a mercenary view. I'd rather you didn't and just supported the fans that wanted to do something. Good on 'em.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
But the point is, how on earth are Hull 'up shit creek' in any way? Premier League football, pots of cash and a local owner who has been in the city of Hull for years! I don't agree with the name change, but it's a very tiny price to pay for the aforementioned details. For what it's worth, there has been next to no protest from the Hull fans about this anyway; why do you feel the need to fight their battles for them?

For the simple reason that I deeply resent those monied owners, who - rather than acting as custodians of our clubs - take it upon themselves to attempt to **** about with the very identity that they appeared to be keen to (quite literally) 'buy into' in the first place. The notion of 'solidarity' amongst football supporters (regarding the aforementioned) appears to be something which you choose to either ignore or disagree with, but the reality is that if B&HA FC hadn't received the backing of the general football-supporting public, then none of us would be able to enjoy the great facilities & future that we now have. As vitally important & magnificent as Tony Bloom's investment has been, it would have been mostly irrelevant had the widespread campaign failed to gain the planning consent that we all craved. That said, Mr Bloom has also fully embraced the notion of the importance of maintaining the traditions & identity of this football club - which makes his achievements all the more special imo.

Perhaps you won't be bothered if we're unfortunate enough to have some egotistical, 'big-shot' owner who seeks to chuck the Albion Baby out with the bath water: but I'm buggered if I'll stand by & give a nonchalant shrug, whilst simultaneously thinking of the exciting new Global Soccer Markets that may apparently only be truly exploited via a 'lucky' name change & a kit that resembles a blue & red jester outfit... :sick:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:shrug:

1) What was the point? If the roles were reversed, I can bet you any money you like that Hull wouldn't have done the same (and quite rightly)

2) Why did the person who made it decide to erect it in probably the only part of the stadium that the Hull fans wouldn't be able to see it, surely defeating the object of being smitten with the gratitude he'd have received from the visiting fans?

3) How much did it COST? What a waste of money, regardless.

Listen to the latest Albion Roar.. It might help to broaden. Your outlook

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
TBF the 3 0 victory over Hull in Dec 96 at the Goldstone ,both sets of fans gave each other support .Hull fans wanted Martin Fish out Brighton Archer and Bellotti ,didn't matter who you supported that day the fans united in a just cause.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You get fans who would rather be hated by every other fans in the country "because that's football" but you also get fans who are quite happy to get on with fans from other club (outside of the 90 minutes of football). Does it really matter how much money Hull have and they are in the premier league, its the principal of the matter rather than who it is.

Personally I was made up that a random Plymouth fan came across to me at Windsor service station on the way to Port Vale and shook my hand and wished us good luck. No because it was something I did personally but because bhafc has an identity within the football world which many club lack

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
For the simple reason that I deeply resent those monied owners, who - rather than acting as custodians of our clubs - take it upon themselves to attempt to **** about with the very identity that they appeared to be keen to (quite literally) 'buy into' in the first place. The notion of 'solidarity' amongst football supporters (regarding the aforementioned) appears to be something which you choose to either ignore or disagree with, but the reality is that if B&HA FC hadn't received the backing of the general football-supporting public, then none of us would be able to enjoy the great facilities & future that we now have. As vitally important & magnificent as Tony Bloom's investment has been, it would have been mostly irrelevant had the widespread campaign failed to gain the planning consent that we all craved. That said, Mr Bloom has also fully embraced the notion of the importance of maintaining the traditions & identity of this football club - which makes his achievements all the more special imo.

Perhaps you won't be bothered if we're unfortunate enough to have some egotistical, 'big-shot' owner who seeks to chuck the Albion Baby out with the bath water: but I'm buggered if I'll stand by & give a nonchalant shrug, whilst simultaneously thinking of the exciting new Global Soccer Markets that may apparently only be truly exploited via a 'lucky' name change & a kit that resembles a blue & red jester outfit... :sick:

I think you've just argued with yourself there. Bravo, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here