Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bank lent me $2m so I spent it on strippers and cars

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah ok, he himself said he was expecting a knock at the door anytime... he knew he was doing wrong, yes the bank should have got a handle on it ultimately he was stealing because he knew full well he could not pay it back. Would you do the same ? I would not there is a moral question involved and it is up to that person involved to weigh up the risks to their actions which are obviously different to each individual person.

Some on here seem to think, good on him and think he is some kind of Robin Hood character which is nothing of the case....

He spent is on fast cars, hookers and drugs...

Would you advocate that to your son if you had one, I would not if you wanna spend your money on that fine, but earn it.

If I found I had an extraordinary line of credit, I would like to think that I would use it more effectively. If it was my son, I would warn him of the consequences of abusing credit, as I already have. But if he didn't listen, spent more than he could afford to repay, he would have acted irresponsibly, not criminally. If he got to the point of no return, where his irresponsible borrowing was at the level where inevitably it was going to end in his bankruptcy, I might advise him to keep going, as he would have nothing to lose.
The Banks in the UK have forced many a business in to bankruptcy, because it suited them to. I have no sympathy for the banks, they don't suffer the same consequences when they act irresponsibly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If I found I had an extraordinary line of credit, I would like to think that I would use it more effectively. If it was my son, I would warn him of the consequences of abusing credit, as I already have. But if he didn't listen, spent more than he could afford to repay, he would have acted irresponsibly, not criminally. If he got to the point of no return, where his irresponsible borrowing was at the level where inevitably it was going to end in his bankruptcy, I might advise him to keep going, as he would have nothing to lose.
The Banks in the UK have forced many a business in to bankruptcy, because it suited them to. I have no sympathy for the banks, they don't suffer the same consequences when they act irresponsibly.
Is the right answer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Am I the only one who thinks he is nothing other than a thief and knew full well what he was doing...

We moan about people fraudulently claiming benefit what is the difference to me nothing...

You're not alone. The bloke is a total waste of space. It may not have been fraud, but he is totally morally bankrupt.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I don't know about you but I was always taught two wrongs do not make a right.

What have UK banks got anything to do with this story.... Let me guess all banks are the same, we can't trust them stick to the man eh.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't know about you but I was always taught two wrongs do not make a right.

What have UK banks got anything to do with this story.... Let me guess all banks are the same, we can't trust them stick to the man eh.

Most banks are the same, one of the worst is an Aussie Investment Bank. Two wrongs don't make a right, but as we agree his actions are not criminal, we are judging his morals. If he had borrowed from a friend and never intended to pay it back, I would say he was morally wrong, especially if his mate had worked for that money, I would be less bothered if his friend was a Guana Batz loanshark, whose own morals are compromised for profit.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I just don't see taking off banks as stealing. I won't go into the ins and outs of it, but the system is always set up so banks prosper no matter what whilst the majority of us just get by. Stuff em.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If you owe the bank £20k you're in trouble. If you owe the bank £2m then the bank's in trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I have two sons, one 11 and one 18 months old. In the fullness of time, if I learned one had done this I would be absolutely horrified and outraged by it. And then when nobody was paying attention I'd take him out for many beers and get all the juicy details.

In seriousness, the jail time bit I would be seriously worried about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here