Votes: 8 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only badger I ever saw in the wild was lying dead at the side of a road. I see foxes nearly every day on the South London Tramlink and its a fantastic thing to see every damn time. We want MORE badgers, not less shirley?!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'll do it in pictures.

daleks-2012.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Deer Rabbit and Fox are culled Annualy, what is the difference?

70% of the population ? I doubt it. It is a flawed policy with very little scientific facts or justification and it will have an impact on the eco system as you cannot eradicate a whole species without repurcusions. Personally I find it reprehensible. But it seems the poll is split 50/50. I guess we will see how it pans out but I am sure the culls will not go unchallenged, infact I expect it will go very badly as I feel the weight of public opinion and the sabateurs will make it next to impossible to carry out.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Yes.

And I really hope Brian May accidentally gets in the way of a bullet.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
First thought was for the cull; if they present a problem and there is a serious threat then deal with it - are they endangered? But looking into the stats 70% of badger population is incredibly high and there doesn't seem to be any scientific proof behind the reasoning for doing it. It may even make the problem worse bizarrely.

This is an interesting article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...triumph-of-politics-over-science-8638306.html

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
70% of the population ? I doubt it. It is a flawed policy with very little scientific facts or justification and it will have an impact on the eco system as you cannot eradicate a whole species without repurcusions. Personally I find it reprehensible. But it seems the poll is split 50/50. I guess we will see how it pans out but I am sure the culls will not go unchallenged, infact I expect it will go very badly as I feel the weight of public opinion and the sabateurs will make it next to impossible to carry out.

I very much doubt it, US. I'm sure lots of trendy Broghton city folk are against it, but I doubt they really know whether it is the right thing to do or not, and I doubt many people will actually bother to try and stop it. Not enough to make a difference anyway. Not saying whether it is right or wrong as I haven't read any if the science before and against it, but generally in these things people who live in towns don't really understand, same as people who live in the countryside don't understand why people who live in towns want to build high speed rail links etc. I cannot imagine that vaccination is a viable alternative though, the logistics of that would make it impossible, surely? How the hell could you vaccinate hundreds of thousands of badgers?

D

Deleted member 2719

Badgers have always had it coming to them, the minute they started digging up golf greens.

:timmy:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I very much doubt it, US. I'm sure lots of trendy Broghton city folk are against it, but I doubt they really know whether it is the right thing to do or not, and I doubt many people will actually bother to try and stop it. Not enough to make a difference anyway. Not saying whether it is right or wrong as I haven't read any if the science before and against it, but generally in these things people who live in towns don't really understand, same as people who live in the countryside don't understand why people who live in towns want to build high speed rail links etc. I cannot imagine that vaccination is a viable alternative though, the logistics of that would make it impossible, surely? How the hell could you vaccinate hundreds of thousands of badgers?

I thought that the idea was to vaccinate the cows :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

I can see Badger Burgers on our supermarkets shelves soon.

:drool:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Badger Cull starts tomorrow and there is a Nationwide March in London against it. I may be wrong but I think people will be suprised at the numbers that turn up.

If the badgers march through London, it's going to make it very easy to pick a fair few of them off. Poor tactics from Team Badger methinks.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
It's strange that badgers are or were heavily protected by law in this country. Now they want to kill them. Seems the ecological policies are somewhat short sighted.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What ever you believe is correct its all just an excuse for the students and workshy (same thing possibly) to smash a few windows and cause as much destruction as they can whilst hijacking a cause because they can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here