Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'back from Ipswich' thread

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But why experiment away to a team with good home form when having worked so hard at Reading & QPR and build confidence and understanding?

Why make experiments of this degree at all in an important League game? It never fails to amaze me, we play enough DS and behind closed doors games, try it there or somewhere like the Milk Cup. As others have said it's not just the individual but the impact on the rest of the team

Very frustrating and mystifying ... og by OG, must do better Tuesday against canon fodder

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A collective meltdown from all, bar Crofts, in my opinion. I'd like to think that was as bad as it gets for us this season. It was truly dire, we lost our composure, our confidence and any clue as to what to do on the pitch. OG picked the wrong team, but we still had decent players out there who all let themselves and us down.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Is it possibly fair to say that OG will jot have come up against a Mick McCarthy team before?
I mean a lot of teams play very defensive, and try to hit on the counter. But big Mick has made it successful.

A deflected goal here, disallowed penalty there and it could have been different.

He may not have done but that's what the likes of Nathan Jones are there for. It could have been different but it wouldn't have reflected the play; Ipswich were a lot more coherent and it appeared first to almost every second ball. I was surprised to see that we had 58% possession (BBC stats) because it sure didn't feel like that and when we had the ball we used it poorly. Glad we have a game Tue to put this performance to bed. Be interesting to see how Oscar reacts.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got back late last night and in agreement with most of the postings here. It was a pretty poor performance and some questionable decisions in particular Brunos position. What was more annoying however were the comments from the idiot behind me who could not speak more than four words without using the f and c to describe our players and their performances. He was completely inarticulate and spoilt the match for a lot of people surrounding him. He even went onto to suggest that the players had been taking cocaine the night before and were not fit to play as a result. What a moron.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I've just watched the football league show. We may still have lost but how did the referee not give us a penalty in the second half? Their defender had his hands in the air to block the shot much like the Derby defender when we played them at home. Add the Leeds winner and we really have had some bad decisions go against us so far this season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've just watched the football league show. We may still have lost but how did the referee not give us a penalty in the second half? Their defender had his hands in the air to block the shot much like the Derby defender when we played them at home. Add the Leeds winner and we really have had some bad decisions go against us so far this season.

Blatant penalty, he raised him arms to stop the ball, as easier decision as you would ever have to make. I suspect the ref just spared us the embarrassment of missing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here