Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm hoping that by being at the north end of Littlehampton it won't be too bad...obviously a bit better closer to the sea but at least i don't live the other side of the downs anymore.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Latest model rolling out now, has the heavier precipitation further East much earlier. Great news for the whole county.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Hmmmm. My drive from home in North Wales to our office in Kendal tomorrow could be interesting.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This is not looking good for my wife's prospects of making it home from Brussels tomorrow afternoon.

Another night for you out on the pop while the missus sleeps on her handbag on Brussels airport floor.

I can recommend the BA gate ...I think it's 18 ...they at least have carpet on the floor and a chocolate machine.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Latest model rolling out now, has the heavier precipitation further East much earlier. Great news for the whole county.

Is this on the Met Office site, or somewhere else?

Another night for you out on the pop while the missus sleeps on her handbag on Brussels airport floor.

I can recommend the BA gate ...I think it's 18 ...they at least have carpet on the floor and a chocolate machine.

She's on the Eurostar, which will of course run like a dream until it exits the tunnel this side upon which time the white flag waving, buffoons from Network rail will have already given up and gone down the pub leaving their "customers" to fend for themselves.

She's on the Eurostar, which will of course run like a dream until it exits the tunnel this side upon which time the white flag waving, buffoons from Network rail will have already given up and gone down the pub leaving their "customers" to fend for themselves.

...Except that keep announcing on the R2 travel news that Eurostar is delayed through France and Belgium due to bad weather there.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Which model do you use? How much earlier?

Is this on the Met Office site, or somewhere else?

GFS Weather Charts - updated four times daily - Netweather.tv

I use the GFS model on Netweather. Under all the numbers you can see "Select chart type". If you select say "UK Precipitation type" near the bottom for both boxes and click on say "24" to select the chart for this time tomorrow, you can see the model to show where it will be snowing in 24 hours time. To the right of the right hand box, it says "Prev Run", click on it and it will show you the previous runs chart. This way you can compare the two.

And to answer your question, an hour or two perhaps earlier than we were thinking earlier. Should be across much of the county by 9am at this rate.

...Except that keep announcing on the R2 travel news that Eurostar is delayed through France and Belgium due to bad weather there.

Delayed being the key word there my friend, cancelled will be the one they use this side of the channel.

GFS Weather Charts - updated four times daily - Netweather.tv

I use the GFS model on Netweather. Under all the numbers you can see "Select chart type". If you select say "UK Precipitation type" near the bottom for both boxes and click on say "24" to select the chart for this time tomorrow, you can see the model to show where it will be snowing in 24 hours time. To the right of the right hand box, it says "Prev Run", click on it and it will show you the previous runs chart. This way you can compare the two.

Ta very muchy!

Delayed being the key word there my friend, cancelled will be the one they use this side of the channel.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Hmmmm. My drive from home in North Wales to our office in Kendal tomorrow could be interesting.

Dont risk your life getting to work.....

I work in London and drive from Swindon...the lot I work for have stood down non esential persons for tomorrow.
Ive taken work home but I doubt it will get done.

I dont understand why some people will try and get to work and then get stuck on the wrong side of the snow and attempt to get home later?

Chances are the motorways will be single lane and the A roads even worse ........and with the added idiots in the white vans still doing 70 its a day to stay off the roads............

Life is more important than getting to work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here