Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's weird to me how Met check can be so different to net Weather. Even hugely out on the temparatures.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Its all so confusing! Flying out of Gatwick at 11am tomorrow and want to just know Gatwick wont get hit with enough snow by then to grind to a halt! :tantrum:

You should be fine getting out of Gatwick at that time.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Met Office app (using this for the moment as its been more correct) is showing snow for BN22 starting at about midday tomorrow, which going from this thread sounds about right. Starts off light, gets heavy during the afternoon and becomes lighter again late evening tomorrow then light snow carrying on for Saturday.

Since i use a bus to get to the train station, i might be walking a mile or so then. Replacement buses to get to Birmingham on Saturday will be fcuked !!!

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Met Office app (using this for the moment as its been more correct) is showing snow for BN22 starting at about midday tomorrow, which going from this thread sounds about right. Starts off light, gets heavy during the afternoon and becomes lighter again late evening tomorrow then light snow carrying on for Saturday.

Since i use a bus to get to the train station, i might be walking a mile or so then. Replacement buses to get to Birmingham on Saturday will be fcuked !!!

Assuming the game is still on I suppose.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Met Office have now issue an Amber warning for the South-East (covering Sussex too) for snow and ice tomorrow. South Wales has been hit by a Red warning too, first time ive seen one of those for a while.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think we can safely assume most of Sussex will see a good dumping of snow over the next 48 hours. By the time we wake up Saturday morning, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-4 inches of snow for most of us. The models are also suggesting snow showers on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Exciting times, and just a matter of days after we had all but given up hope of some decent snow this Winter. Remarkable.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think we can safely assume most of Sussex will see a good dumping of snow over the next 48 hours. By the time we wake up Saturday morning, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-4 inches of snow for most of us. The models are also suggesting snow showers on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
With one eye on the football though, an extremely high chance of the Birmingham game being off, and as things stand I don't fancy Blackburn's chances of getting the game on on Tuesday either.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

8am the 'start' time for Sussex tomorrow according to the bbc news chart, so for the sweepstake I'll go for 1st snowflake on The Amex @ 8.20am

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Saturday night/Sunday morning down here - we aren't expecting much, right?

*hopeful*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here