[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not looking forward to my 10pm drive from Tunbridge Wells to Worthing going on NSC reports. Oh well, hopefully I survive.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
IMG-20221211-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20221211-WA0005.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not looking forward to my 10pm drive from Tunbridge Wells to Worthing going on NSC reports. Oh well, hopefully I survive.

It's slushy and slippy - decided to take my car off the drive, which is on a hill on the west side of Findon Valley as, when I drove it up an hour or so back, the wheels spun a bit on the slush.

I only had to take it down about 20 feet, but it started going sideways, by itself, and I thought I was destined to hit my own garden wall. Fortunately it stopped, just before and I was able to get it onto the road with no damage done.

Some roads could be quite dicey, I imagine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2" or 3" of settled snow here in the garden. Initially raining at lunchtime, it soon changed.

Snow-deprived residents have been out en masse on winter walks.

The 27 bus has been abandoned near the top of Valley Drive.

[Just got back from Lyon Farm Worthing, where it was tedious +2c and non stop rain].

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As above - slushy conditions in Findon from the sleet and snow we had, and Cissbury Ring was all white before the sun set.
You’re not wrong. Very odd substance, will be hellishly slippery on in gritted services now temperatures are dropping.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As above - slushy conditions in Findon from the sleet and snow we had, and Cissbury Ring was all white before the sun set.
Amazing the difference a little altitude can make, down here in West Worthing it melted as soon as it hit the ground.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It's slushy and slippy - decided to take my car off the drive, which is on a hill on the west side of Findon Valley as, when I drove it up an hour or so back, the wheels spun a bit on the slush.

I only had to take it down about 20 feet, but it started going sideways, by itself, and I thought I was destined to hit my own garden wall. Fortunately it stopped, just before and I was able to get it onto the road with no damage done.

Some roads could be quite dicey, I imagine.

Cheers.

I've abandoned the trip now, pretty dodgy conditions by all accounts around Tunbridge Wells / east of Brighton.

Still need to get to Burgess Hill or Worthing tomorrow - as early as is safe - so hoping for early morning sun to bath the icy tarmac.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports