Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
We now have a Met Office yellow for ICE tomorrow. It'll be cold enough for snow, but whether we get any will depend a lot on strength and orientation of the predicted streamer.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Had to scrape windscreen this morning (8AM) and it was 2 degrees Centigrade over here in RH20.

Still got loads of standing water on back roads, will be fun and games if it freezes and stays frozen!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The weather here mirrors that of Ditchling Beacon/Devil’s Dyke, we’re a 100m up and miles from the mild Channel and urban heat island effect.

Met Office for Ditchling Beacon now showing light snow from 4am to 4pm Monday.

I wonder if local authority bureaucrats and heads are hoping to close schools?

Bloody typical. I had my patio taken up Friday ready to be relaid this week :rolleyes:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Current Met Office forecast for tomorrow morning in Uckfield is suggesting a chance of snow showers for a good portion of the morning. NorEasterly wind, so it'll be streamer snow. Could still be nothing at all.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Would be nice to get some of this this Winter, a view from our hotel on our Christmas in Lapland....fingers crossed..although could do without the -30⁰C.!!
IMG-20221224-WA0006.jpg

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Always fancied a go at that……we didn’t catch that much more but had a few 🤣
Biggest problem was stopping your hole freezing up! ...and the one made in the ice...apparently there are Pike, Perch, Burbot, Char and Catfish in the lake, could have been a mission actually landing anything of any size...they would never get through the ice hole, the ice on the lake was around 4 feet thick!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We did a spot of fishing too...bloody freezing and caught f**k all!
View attachment 172364

Did you find despite the layers and special clothing you still got cold? We stayed by a frozen lake near Rovaniemi in Dec 2021 and did Santa world, husky and reindeer rides. Around the -20c mark. Still got cold, especially when standing around.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you find despite the layers and special clothing you still got cold? We stayed by a frozen lake near Rovaniemi in Dec 2021 and did Santa world, husky and reindeer rides. Around the -20c mark. Still got cold, especially when standing around.
Just hands and feet for me…….difficult to wear gloves as too much activity so hands/fingers usually exposed and I’ve got poor circulation in my hands and feet so sitting more or less still for 6 hours isn’t great. I’ve got some electrically heated socks which help a lot with the numb feet. Otherwise lots of thin layers works for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just hands and feet for me…….difficult to wear gloves as too much activity so hands/fingers usually exposed and I’ve got poor circulation in my hands and feet so sitting more or less still for 6 hours isn’t great. I’ve got some electrically heated socks which help a lot with the numb feet. Otherwise lots of thin layers works for me.

Are Albion games in Jan/Feb too short for your hands to get cold?

I’m fine skiing, it’s watching football that lowers my core temp by HT.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Not really, only felt it when Husky driving as I was stood on the back of the sled with my feet in ice and snow as the dogs sped along, I am so lucky I have been up to Lapland on several occasions and know what to expect, it's the old adage of layers upon layers, always put on clothes a couple of sizes too big to leave air gaps between them. I went outside without my outer layers to look at the Northern lights and felt the cold instantly, absolutely chilled to the bone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not really, only felt it when Husky driving as I was stood on the back of the sled with my feet in ice and snow as the dogs sped along, I am so lucky I have been up to Lapland on several occasions and know what to expect, it's the old adage of layers upon layers, always put on clothes a couple of sizes too big to leave air gaps between them. I went outside without my outer layers to look at the Northern lights and felt the cold instantly, absolutely chilled to the bone.

Reindeer pelts are incredibly warming, nature at its best.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We had driven across the lake on snowmobiles and had seriously insulated mittens on, kept the crash helmets on to keep my head wear dry as it was snowing. We had stools to sit on to stop one's arse from freezing...did feel it though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here