Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Likewise, the 45ghz CPS ensembles escalated well below the LP and SCP showing serious mayhem in the Atlantic sphinctospheres
You keep your sphinctosphere to yourself. We'll have none of that here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It will certainly feel seasonal. Cold, crisp with quite severe overnight frosts. There is still a chance of snow, but that will come with a risk of rain mixed in down here.
Potential for some Sunday night/Monday night. Not quite sure the forecasts are suggesting rain instead of snow here when the temperature is so low? Is to do with the air temperature rather than ground temperature?

Yoda

English & European
Yellow warning in place for late Sunday night early Monday morning for the South East

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potential for some Sunday night/Monday night. Not quite sure the forecasts are suggesting rain instead of snow here when the temperature is so low? Is to do with the air temperature rather than ground temperature?
I think it boils down to exact locations. The broad BBC weather forecast for Sussex coastal towns is based on zero altitude urban centres with the heat island effect, by the relatively mild sea.

In this Brighton suburb we tend to be 3c lower than that in cold snaps. Many times I used to leave a rainy city centre after work, then see sleet at Hove Rec, with settling snow at home.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Could be interesting overnight Sunday to Monday. some models have snow across the SE corner (mainly E Sussex & Kent) whilst others have snow as far West as the IoW.

(Others have nothing, btw!)

Worth keeping an eye on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could be interesting overnight Sunday to Monday. some models have snow across the SE corner (mainly E Sussex & Kent) whilst others have snow as far West as the IoW.

(Others have nothing, btw!)

Worth keeping an eye on.
Met Office have weather warning for my area Sunday pm through to Monday am ..Ice for sure but with a forecast precipitation of 20% at times must be a chance of snow sleety granular stuff? Sure to bugger up my work for Monday ..but hey it’s Winter what does one expect

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Plumpton Races on Monday so hopefully it stays warm enough for the frost covers to do their job and give me my day of racing as planned

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Met Office have weather warning for my area Sunday pm through to Monday am ..Ice for sure but with a forecast precipitation of 20% at times must be a chance of snow sleety granular stuff? Sure to bugger up my work for Monday ..but hey it’s Winter what does one expect
The latest GFS forecast predicts snow for us overnight Sunday/Monday, so more likely than not.

Wax up your winter lumberjack gear.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBD9CFD6-F1A3-4E8E-9EDA-FEA898915356.png

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It snowed here around 10.00 am for a few minutes, but was washed away by a rain shower. Now starting to get icy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here