VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks very good for next Tuesday to Thursday

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Can any of the resident weather gurus tell me whether there is any special significance about the dual centres of rotation currently forming in the North Sea off the North East and East Anglian coasts?

According to the timelapse satellite imagery on the Met Office website they seem to be rotating in a geo stationary manner - does this signify any kind of increase in intensity, or is it simply indicative of the blocking atmospheric pressure conditions we currently have across the British Isles?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can any of the resident weather gurus tell me whether there is any special significance about the dual centres of rotation currently forming in the North Sea off the North East and East Anglian coasts?

According to the timelapse satellite imagery on the Met Office website they seem to be rotating in a geo stationary manner - does this signify any kind of increase in intensity, or is it simply indicative of the blocking atmospheric pressure conditions we currently have across the British Isles?

I mentioned one of them earlier. In the cold unstable air that's coming in from the NE, it's quite common to get little low pressure systems popping up. They create increased shower activity and develop a rotation of their own. The feature that gave the snow over Bristol to Poole last night was such a 'shortwave' development.

Aberdeen's about to get hit by some heavy snow from one now, and the snow that flirted with us earlier was from last night's one that sat in the channel all day.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I mentioned one of them earlier. In the cold unstable air that's coming in from the NE, it's quite common to get little low pressure systems popping up. They create increased shower activity and develop a rotation of their own. The feature that gave the snow over Bristol to Poole last night was such a 'shortwave' development.

Is it unusual to have three, possibly four centres concurrently in a relatively small part of the atmosphere?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worthing has yet to see a flake. Just drafting my complaint letter to Peter Bottomley

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
BN3 is clear. Thank god.

Last time it snowed did the 2 and/or 46 get a shortened route across town? I can take snow during the week just not on days i've got work!

I'll be up Shoreham from 10 to 4 and will keep an ear out for anyone saying its snowing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I am very pleased for you:angry:

Absolutely gorgeous here - about an inch or so covering and now bright sunshine to really let us enjoy it in all it's glory :p

Sadly though, the big juicy flakes of earlier have now made way for tiny specks carried gently on the breeze.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Quite a bit of snow fell here in Polegate yesterday that settled overnight. And it's just started snowing again as I speak, quite heavily too.

It looks really beautiful over the Downs, but then I haven't got to go out in it.
So be careful folks, think the roads might be a bit dodgy round this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here