Still snowing here.

3354d783836ed94c33b1fe797ae51ad6.jpg

The hanging ‘basket’ looks a bit sad

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Getting warmer again for a few days next week but then colder again hopefully for a longer spell of cold.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Spain is usually hotter than the south coast of England, and we are a lot closer to the arctic. Its not fair that we avoid these snow events in recent years. I guess its down to the jet stream.
Its just bloody cold here, full stop.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Spain is usually hotter than the south coast of England, and we are a lot closer to the arctic. Its not fair that we avoid these snow events in recent years. I guess its down to the jet stream.

I think I am right in saying that Madrid had the highest elevation of any capital city in Europe.... even a few hundred metres makes a difference, next time snow comes to Brighton, compare how much settles up at Asda Hollingbury compared to Asda at the Marina.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Coastal areas always get less snow than inland. The sea keeps the temperature more mild, plus the salt in the air prevents the deep frosts.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Madrid is always bloody freezing in January. Usually dry though.

Hang in there snow/cold watchers anyway, the geek squad at Netweather are pissing their pants about the last third of January being very wintry.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here