Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/16858104

I think they may have messed up when they put this online, I'm not convinced they meant to include the first few seconds.

I love the way they put up the temperatures in all the important European cities: Kiev, Moscow, Riga, Warsaw, Prague... and, er... Sennybridge.

My stepsister lives in Sennybridge. If you don't count sheep, she and her husband constitute around 10% of the local population... :lol:

Flex Your Head

I love the way they put up the temperatures in all the important European cities: Kiev, Moscow, Riga, Warsaw, Prague... and, er... Sennybridge.

My stepsister lives in Sennybridge. If you don't count sheep, she and her husband constitute around 10% of the local population... :lol:

I think they included Sennybridge as it had the (joint) lowest temperature in the UK last night; -11.3 degrees centigrade.
Lovely part of the world, and the drive from Abergavenny to Brecon via Bwlch, over to Sennybridge and down to Merthyr is beautiful. Bet the scenery is fantatsic in the snow!

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and his excellent posts have got me kinda interested in this weather lark...... from what I can make out (with the untrained eye) next weekend is looking potentially "snowy" ?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I have a compulsory 14 miler from Corals on Sunday morning at 9am in a group. Not looking for any sympathy but best wishes to all and Lord Bamber who I am sure will be out there on Sunday. I just need to up the tempo on the ipod and think of the hot bath afterwards.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
South Today are CRAP at everything they touch so don't believe a word.....

Their biased to S'ton/Pompey forecast is very generalistic, and there are many occasions including in the last 4 years when it might be sleeting on Brighton seafront but snowing heavily up in Withdean/Westdene/Woodingdean. Just 3 miles away from the sea & 100+metres up makes a massive difference on winter temps and snow cover.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Their biased to S'ton/Pompey forecast is very generalistic, and there are many occasions including in the last 4 years when it might be sleeting on Brighton seafront but snowing heavily up in Withdean/Westdene/Woodingdean. Just 3 miles away from the sea & 100+metres up makes a massive difference on winter temps and snow cover.

I ignore everything they say about Sussex in every sphere tbh!

Meridian are no better.

As any fool kno in Papa We Trust!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Well looking at the long range models, there is potential that this won't be the last snow we'll see in the next 6 weeks. Tonight it should start snowing (even down on the coast) from about 8pm onwards based on Brighton northwards. This should stay as snow until it fizzles out leaving a good covering from say 2 to 4 inches. Next week is looking cold as well as high pressure builds in and then it appears to want to migrate NW. This opens up the possibility of a greenie high setting up camp, which will introduce bitterly cold N or NE winds, with enough snow to keep coldies happy! For something similar, think back to late Nov early Dec 2010 and you'll get the idea.

Certainly an interesting month for coldies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here