Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Right - just to stop some people from panicking, this has not been bounced to announced a blizzard for Sussex :(

However, Friday morning is looking potentially snowy for the midlands and home counties.

This will be cause by a low pressure system which will zip along the channel Thursday night, potentially giving strong winds to the south coast.

Saturday is going to be a cold day also, with N/NW winds.. so wrap up warm.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
PANIC: My cat has grown an unusually large coat for winter. This can only mean a Siberian winter awaits. Then again he is incrediably stupid, so maybe not.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Can anyone remember the website posted last year that showed all the temperatures at different altitudes that gave guidelines on what level the temp needed to be below for rain to fall as snow?

Yoda

English & European

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Our local paper website has just said that there is potential for some snow tomorrow morning after the heavy rain but the snowfall is likely to be heavier in Crawley/Guildfrd areas.

I personally believe the experts on here rather than my local paper so is there any truth in this?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is a chance of snow here in the early hours tomorrow.. it's a bit of knife edge setup, and depends upon the path of the low over-night and how quickly it deepens. If everything is 'just so' we might wake up to at least falling snow, if not settling, but even that's not out of the question if the intensity is high enough.

Yoda

English & European
There is a chance of snow here in the early hours tomorrow.. it's a bit of knife edge setup, and depends upon the path of the low over-night and how quickly it deepens. If everything is 'just so' we might wake up to at least falling snow, if not settling, but even that's not out of the question if the intensity is high enough.

I'm liking the look of the latest track for that low. :D

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm liking the look of the latest track for that low. :D

Yes, we avoid the strongest winds (if we're talking about the same model run) but get heavy precipitation and the cold Nly in it's wake.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's going to be knife edge stuff tomorrow morning! I'm thinking from 6am to about midday there is going to be a mixture of Rain/Sleet and Wet Snow. Possible accumulations on the North and South Downs but only a slushy mess at best to lower levels, which will still cause travel problems!

Whatever happens it's going to feel raw out there due to the N/NW wind and wet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here