Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Australian Defence League

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ah yes, of course. After this they could listen to Midnight Oil I guess? Nick Cave is obviously Australian but he seemed to get the hell out as quickly as he could.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
These Aussie atheists have the right idea..."where are the women"......"always look on the bright side of life"...... "ZZ Top"......etc. :lolol::bowdown:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm surprised they have the same problem with Islam as Europe does, considering their strict immigration policies and geographical position.

I've got a few Aussies on my facebook, it's not that there's an issue with Islam (The ADL of course think there is), but the 'Middle Eastern' community has caused tensions in Australia. This has been an on-going issue, and sadly an issue that is repeated around the world.

Cronulla riots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots was basically a match added to a haystack, but the tensions were brewing in the build up to the riots. Men of Middle Eastern appearance attacking White Austrailans, there's also tons of stories on rape-gangs similar to over here.

I wouldn't say it's a religious issue, but organisations such as the defence leagues are of course going to paint it as a religious hatred.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've got a few Aussies on my facebook, it's not that there's an issue with Islam (The ADL of course think there is), but the 'Middle Eastern' community has caused tensions in Australia. This has been an on-going issue, and sadly an issue that is repeated around the world.

Cronulla riots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots was basically a match added to a haystack, but the tensions were brewing in the build up to the riots. Men of Middle Eastern appearance attacking White Austrailans, there's also tons of stories on rape-gangs similar to over here.

I wouldn't say it's a religious issue, but organisations such as the defence leagues are of course going to paint it as a religious hatred.

There seems to be a idea over here that creating communities based on ethnicity is a good idea. You end up with suburbs which are run down, poor and full of people from a certain area or ethnicity. Cronella being an example of a Lebanese area, there has also been issues with the Sudanese communities in Melbourne over the years. Trouble does seem to flare up every now and then and tensions heighten between then and other communities (IMHO this is more to do with poverty and all that goes along with it). Not sure what the answer is but one thing I am sure of is that the ADL and their like promoting nationalism and Aussie Aussie Aussie are not the solution. Nor is blaming a religion for the behaviour of it's followers.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
There seems to be a idea over here that creating communities based on ethnicity is a good idea. You end up with suburbs which are run down, poor and full of people from a certain area or ethnicity. Cronella being an example of a Lebanese area, there has also been issues with the Sudanese communities in Melbourne over the years. Trouble does seem to flare up every now and then and tensions heighten between then and other communities (IMHO this is more to do with poverty and all that goes along with it). Not sure what the answer is but one thing I am sure of is that the ADL and their like promoting nationalism and Aussie Aussie Aussie are not the solution. Nor is blaming a religion for the behaviour of it's followers.

What a load of bollocks !
Cronulla isn't a Lebanese area .
Cronulla has a very strong Anglo-Saxon demographic .
The main Lebanese communities in Sydney aren't near the beaches - they're much further out to the west - from about Auburn onwards .

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Out of interest what is white Australian culture? I'm genuinly interested as, aside from stereotypes, Australia is a country which has never registered on my radar when it comes to culture. In fact I'd probably go the other way and suggest it is bereft of culture in a white context.

I don't know whether this will help or not , it's entitled What Sydney thinks ...

Attachments

• What Sydney thinks.jpg
    What Sydney thinks.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 48

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What a load of bollocks !
Cronulla isn't a Lebanese area .
Cronulla has a very strong Anglo-Saxon demographic .
The main Lebanese communities in Sydney aren't near the beaches - they're much further out to the west - from about Auburn onwards .

I beg your pardon, my knowledge of Sydney isn't good.

But am I correct in thinking that there are areas where there are strong Lebanese communities?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here