Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Atmosphere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm prepared to say, had anything happened in the last 10 mins, it would have been BETTER than Donny.

We, the crowd, were not only outstanding but we were a bloody tight unit, not just noise, but a proper unit of fans.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half the crowd were immense today, North, South East and West, everyone got behind the team and became the 10th man.

I haven't felt like that since about 1998, in the sense that we had our backs against the wall and nobody expected us to win but it didn't matter because we had something else to focus our anger on rather than the usual whinging about the players.

Every supporter and every player were together as one today, we all put in a shift for our club, when our backs were against the wall we all stood up to be counted. Give yourself a pat on the back lads, and lets have a bit more of it at home from now on :clap:

nickbenjoe

May 3, 2009
From my angle being at the game I see this match as a victory, we lost but I think this will give the team great confidence.
This could be the game which turns the team round to go on a great unbeaten run.
The players would of learnt a lot today CMS superb great tactics by gus he will go far

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fantastic atmosphere today. We CAN do that every game. We need to be this loud against Saints irrespective of refereeing decisions. The players were never going to give up in that noise.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Today made me proud and was a reminder of why I love this club the crowd were immense and every one of the 9 were a credit to both the club and themselves. Although we were robbed ( was that ref challis's son?) I think this game could actually be a good thing showing the team what they are capable of and building a real team spirit.

Brighton and Hove Albion take a bow, the future bright the future Brighton!

Last edited:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The best atmosphere at a game I've ever heard, without question. We were the 10th, 11th and 12th men!
The players were mighty today, solid defending for an hour and I'll never know how we didn't equalise. Burnley were the worst team seen at the Amex so far (worse than Wet Spam), and their fans couldn't get a word in edgeways.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Superb atmosphere and superb team performance. A farcical game really but so much fun in so many ways. Loved it today and like others have said - I came away feeling as if we'd won.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Crowd were superb, shivers down my spine listening on the radio, shame about the players.
The 9 that were left were f***ing immense, what else could they have done? We had 3 great chances in the last 10 and could have won it:bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn't go today , passed my ticket to my lad and he's not home yet, but I listened to game at work. I would just like to say to the crowd today that you were brilliant - it was electric.

If CMS had stuck that away in the last seconds the place would have gone mental. Can't think of another time when I have felt so uplifted by a 0-1 home defeat.

More of the same from crowd + players against Saints when I will be there.
Another plus point was that maybe Gus will tell players to play in CMS over the top more often as it sounds like circumstances meant we had to play that way today and it cause Burnley major problems.

Amazing experience even though we lost.

The 9 INTELLIGENT players that stayed on the pitch (and Buckely) were lions. Their thoughtful rearguard action, left Burnley to give up on a second goal and then we nearly nicked it with those classy openings near the end.

It will seem almost strange when we have 11 men next time!

Atmosphere was 10/10. From the anger of the first half, to the sarcastic clapping of the officials, the Great Escape. Most people even stayed to the end.
The 1,000 Burnley were subdued for northerners, and looked angry with their hapless forwards wasting of final passes in that second half.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
was relegated to listening on the radio today with family,has to be said hats off to everyone what an incredible atmosphere,im pissed off we started our holiday early! even the relatives with a poor grasp of english were screaming obscene foreign muck towards the ref and they all commented on the noise level......outstanding!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here