Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Athletic

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First year it came out I declined the annual £70’ paid £35 for the content as was commuting to London daily.

At the end I wasn’t offered a deal but noticed new sign ups were on offer at £1 month.

I have been on that for the last 2 or 3 years.

Personally I don’t see a price point above £2.99 per month for what you get

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
First year it came out I declined the annual £70’ paid £35 for the content as was commuting to London daily.

At the end I wasn’t offered a deal but noticed new sign ups were on offer at £1 month.

I have been on that for the last 2 or 3 years.

Personally I don’t see a price point above £2.99 per month for what you get
My subscription running out next week so have cancelled before it goes up to £7.99 and awaiting a new offer/deal!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I did a test if the athletic but really there wasn't enough content I was interested in to justify any level of subscription.
There's still the odd Albion article I'd like a gander at though which I tend to click through to from on here.
Incidentally did you know that the big subscribe pop up that covers all but the first few lines of the article doesn't happen if you've disabled JavaScript for the site?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Fomo'ed into a £1 per month offer. Can't really complain at that level, but also expected to find more interesting stuff to read. They are running a series of ads on X at the moment, which are irritatingly banal including;

"Our experts guide you through what each club has done to their ground and what could come next" not the most compelling premier league read for me.

Jul 7, 2003
I didn’t get any decent deal offered so opened a subscription in my sons name at £1.50’a month
When mine expired, the first offer I got wasn't great so I held back and I think it was only about three weeks before I got a much more generous offer (I think it was £1.50 a month).

As for content, once you get out of the Albion bubble there are some really interesting deep dive articles on there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here