Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Assault on Jenni Hermoso

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In my book yes, as I flippin' hate dogs leaping on me and their pathetic owners saying "he's only being friendly"...
I had to stop visiting a friend's house because the dog took such a liking to my leg. I'm not sure if it reminded him of an old flame, but I have to say that being leg humped by a mutt with a stonker is not a pleasant experience.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tend to agree - but he’s brought this upon himself. Apologise with a bit of humility, take whatever initial punishment is meted out and change your behaviour….better option than acting like an arrogant bellend perhaps.
Indeed - but apparently he's still maintaining it was 'consensual'! If Hermoso doesn't think it was consensual then how the f*** can he main it was?

The punishment(s) he may eventually receive may be a bit OTT in relation to the crime, but as you say he's brought it on himself by being such an arrogant bellend. I've got zero sympathy with him.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I put it on the Afcon thread yesterday and not single comment. I thought maybe it was fake news or something as no one at all commented.
Yeah the only bits I could find were some poorly written blog posts and a Reddit thread. It doesn't seem to have gained much traction.

Whereas Rubiales did what he did after a hugely televised World Cup final. And he is (was) the head of a football federation. It's always going to garner more publicity than a pervert security guard.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yet the breast groping on women by security guards at Afcon doesn't seem to have raised a ripple on here weirdly.
I haven’t watched one second of Afcon because I am not interested in it. Why don’t you put a link on here for those of us who haven’t heard about it ? Seems a tad unfair to criticize the board for something only you seem to know about.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Quite surprising (and worrying) how many people on here seem to have an issue with a man being sent to prison for sexually assaulting a woman

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Quite surprising (and worrying) how many people on here seem to have an issue with a man being sent to prison for sexually assaulting a woman
Not really. The prison talk is just daft speculation.
He hasn't even been charged with anything yet, let alone convicted.

If he is convicted the judge will follow sentencing guidelines, which will be based on many factors. IMHO he's unlikely to receive a custodial sentence seeing as it's at the bottom end of the scale and it's a first offence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If he is convicted the judge will follow sentencing guidelines, which will be based on many factors. IMHO he's unlikely to receive a custodial sentence seeing as it's at the bottom end of the scale and it's a first offence.
True. The Spanish judge has said the case should go to trial, and it has been reported he could go to jail.
As you say, he is unlikely to, if convicted.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Ah common sense

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The talk is not only of him being charged with the initial assault, though. Other charges relating the his subsequent conduct (threats, coercion, improper conduct in office, etc) are apparently considered more serious than the kiss itself.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
I know it's OT but another idiot in Spanish football.

Javier Tebas [La Liga President]: "If you go to Google and type in 'I want to buy cocaine' or 'child s*x' nothing appears."

"But if you type in 'free football' it appears... One is considered a serious crime, but the other is not, and it's the same thing."

🙄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here