Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: Second Test, Adelaide - The 100% OFFICIAL thread [Merged]

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ernest said:
Absolute disgrace and we need a TRIED and tested English coach and not some FOREIGN numptie and kick out all the FOREIGNERS too :angry: :angry: :angry:

quite right ernest - get rid of the papua new guinean Geraint (I'm not welsh really) Jones.

And why not get rid of that spanish spinner Ashley 'El Wheelio' Giles.

As for Grievous Bodily McHarmison (bound to be scottish y'know) well don't get me started.

Let's replace them with tried and tested Englishman like Joyce :jester:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
kestrel said:
What a crock of shit :angry: :angry: :angry: What the f*** where England doing being so negative twice in the day.1)Batting like a bunch of joey deacons after scoring 551-6 2)Not going all out for a win when bowling and putting pressure on the aussies.
This now could be 4 or 5 nil to the aussies.Fletcher should go and england need to pick the right team.I would drop Bell,jones,Giles,anderson

1)Strauss
2)Joyce
3)Cook
4)Collingwood
5)kp
6)Freddie
7)Read
8)Harminson
9)Mahmood
10)Hoggard
11)Monty

But of course we all know that will not happened

Dropping Bell for Joyce is a silly, knee-jerk reaction. If anyone from the top 6 was to be dropped it would have to be Cook, although I'd stick with him.

The changes I would make are: Anderson and Giles out - Monty and Mahmood in.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Re: Adelaide - Second Test official thread

Simster said:
A bit early for this but what should England do to change things?

Obviously Monty Panesar in, but who would you drop? Initially you'd say Giles, but this is apparently a slower wicket and Harmison has been all over the place. Should he be retained? Should we play 2 spinners (or 3 if you include KP)? Then again, Anderson hasn't impressed for a long time either.

I thought Jones kept wicket very well and batted tidily. He was unlucky to go when he did yesterday because he got a ball that kept stupidly low. Until then, he looked in complete command.

I'd be tempted to go with Flintoff & Hoggard as the strike bowlers, play Giles and Monty and drop either Anderson or Harmison.

Come home and shoot the bleedin' lot of em. Absolute disgrace - complete embarrassment to British Sport.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Andrew Strauss
Ian Bell
Alistair Cook
Paul Collingwood
Kevin Pieterson
Andrew Flintoff
Chris Read
Chris Lewis
Monty Panesar
Gladstone Small
Devon Malcolm

:clap2:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
im disgusted that we lost, especially as i stayed up for 3 whole nights :angry: but we all know the reason we lost was because one person wasnt playing.

MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
im disgusted that we lost, especially as i stayed up for 3 whole nights :angry: but we all know the reason we lost was because one person wasnt playing.

MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY

Because he would have halted the final day batting collapse?

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
hate being part way right because in the summer i predicted 4-0 only because aussie WILL get us out twice and i felt it unlikey we'd do the same. exclusion of Panesar has made it more likely 4-0 or worse...god i hope am wrong

larus

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Because he would have halted the final day batting collapse?

No, but we may have had a bigger first innings lead. Anyway, all speculation.

I would like to see Mahmood and Monty in for Giles and Anderson. I think that Harmy will be better next test, as he's improved from his pathetic show in the first test.

I aslo feel that if we can win the next test (why not, collectively we played well until this morning), we can still get a draw from this series.

Perhaps I'm always the optimist ;) .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Complete Badger said:
What a f***ing disgrace. ........The declaration was a SHIT one. Far too early, and not enough runs on the board.

I thought it did look like a very good declaration when we got an early wicket and then had them in trouble. Ashley Giles putting down that chance was the real turning point. Australia giving away chances like that are gold dust and the old adage 'catches win matches' was never truer in this match.

In hindsight, we should have pushed on past 600 to at least secure a draw. The pitch was doing nothing and we had to avoid 2-0 at all costs. :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The decleration does seem a tad silly seeing as Freddie was in himself and should have backed himself for a quick 40 or so more runs BUT if Giles hadn't been such a spack and caught Ponting it could have been very different. All we do know for certain is that we shouldn't have collapsed like that on the last day.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Complete Badger said:
What a f***ing disgrace. I blame one man for this, and one man only: Andrew Fuckwit Flintoff.

The man is a total moron. Firstly, his batting is about as good at mine at the moment. Anyway, that's not the main issue. What I have more of a problem with is the fact that he couldn't captain a canoe. The declaration was a SHIT one. Far too early, and not enough runs on the board. As someone said, we needed to make them follow on, and with a target of 350 they were never going to do that. Then, on to today, well it's clear no England batsmen had a f***ing clue what the plan was. It obviously wasn't to attack (11 runs off 12 overs proves that), but it wasn't to defend either - see the SIX stupid dismissals, largely through playing at balls we shouldn't. When we are on top, we are a good team, and on the batting side of things we are usually ok. However, there was no strategy today, Fletcher just picks his mates, and Flintoff is, to put it bluntly, a prick.

Personally, I think it's time for radical changes. Harmison, Giles, Anderson, Jones, and Cook OUT and in the majority of cases told they will NEVER play for our country again:angry:

agreed, i CANT believe we lost, and now its gunna take me ages to catch up on lost sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here