Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
Unbelievable. Such a soft wicket to concede. Need at least a 250 lead and that’s what we can hope for at this rate.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
Surely some of these balls from Mitchell are wide’s? how the hell are we suppose to reach those balls.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
I'm calling it a night there. I have got another all-nighter planned for tomorrow and I don't think I can hack three in a row. Although I'd say Australia have had the best of today's two sessions to have us 304-5, it's at least a couple of wickets short of what they really needed. I just hope we can bat out the day, as then we're looking set for a lead of at least 300, maybe 350.

Agree, night Badger, I'll stay till the close :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Morning, nice to get up and see a ton for Trott and Matty into the 40's, 100 odd partnership and leading by 290, would have settled for this after the 1st hour

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
50 up for Matt

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
444-5 at the close, England lead by 346.
Trott 141 no, Prior 75 no.
Good to see the Aussies congratulating Trotty at the close of play

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going very nicely for us now, should be a handsome win

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Got up at about 2.30am to watch the rest of the day - and well rewarded. Trott looks unflappable and Matt has stepped up like the fighter he is.

As predicted, we'll push on tomorrow and maybe declare between lunch and tea with a lead of 450 and half the test match left to get them out and retain the Ashes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ponting has been fined 40% of his match fee for the outburst against the umpires. I was rather hoping for a ban, although his lame batting and poor captaincy so far in the series may yet give him a rest for the last Test anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ponting's outburst was nothing short of a disgrace. Unbelievable. The Aussie media have just been given even more rope in which to hang him by

Plenty of the Australian media have gone right after him for this one (admittedly this wouldn't be the case if he was captaining a successful side).

Ian Chappell has said he should be suspended :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ponting lost it big time, silly billy he will be in serious trouble.

Still it at least shows how much this shamble of a convict team upsets him, what a shame :lolol::lolol:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Allways had my doubts about Ponting as a captain, I guess now those doubts are increasing. He allways seems to crack under pressure. He made an outburst in the 2005 Ashes at trent bridge regarding our sub fielders, He made another outburst about umpires on a recent tour to India when they struggled, and now this (think there may have been an incident against Pakistan to). He only looked a good captain before because he had so much tlaent at his disposal, the likes of Warne , Mcgrath and lee with the ball and Langer Hayden and Gilchrist with the bat (and gloves). I suspect he may be playing his last test for Australia.

focusing on the fine performance by us, I think we should bat tilll lunch then declare. Trott and Prior may aswell go for it. Nothing to lose.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you google "Ricky Ponting umpire outburst", there are plenty of examples aside from today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here