* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What an absolutely crap shot by KP, why the f*** did he chase that:shootself

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Its disappointing but England are being beaten by the pitch more than anything. The Aussies have bowlers who know how to play the Waca pitch and this game was lost in our first innings when Johnson on his home ground wiped out our batting order. I don't think this result will do anything more than paper over the cracks in the Aussie team, it will be a wake up call to England and we'll come back steaming into them in the next test. The Aussies have their tails up in this test and England are playing like they don't believe they can get a result, lets get it over and move on.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sorry but that last wicket was fuk all to do with the pitch

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sod it. If, and its a big if, we can survive the rest of today, we may as well just bloody go for it tomorrow. Face it, we're not going to bat for 2 days to get the draw with three down already, so if we go out and start playing some shots, you just never know. It might get the Aussies on the defensive and we might just sneak it.

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
Its disappointing but England are being beaten by the pitch more than anything. The Aussies have bowlers who know how to play the Waca pitch and this game was lost in our first innings when Johnson on his home ground wiped out our batting order. I don't think this result will do anything more than paper over the cracks in the Aussie team, it will be a wake up call to England and we'll come back steaming into them in the next test. The Aussies have their tails up in this test and England are playing like they don't believe they can get a result, lets get it over and move on.

Not sure I agree, re the pitch. The key part was johnson's spell in the first innings which was more to do with late swing which counted for our middle order, we never really recovered from there.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Sod it. If, and its a big if, we can survive the rest of today, we may as well just bloody go for it tomorrow. Face it, we're not going to bat for 2 days to get the draw with three down already, so if we go out and start playing some shots, you just never know. It might get the Aussies on the defensive and we might just sneak it.

If we bat for 2 days, the draw won't be a factor as we will win. It is absolutely vital we don't lose another wicket today. Then just maybe we have a chance. Unlikely, but possible.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If we bat for 2 days, the draw won't be a factor as we will win. It is absolutely vital we don't lose another wicket today. Then just maybe we have a chance. Unlikely, but possible.

:facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
buggered now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Trott gone. Game over. Even if a rear guard action digs us out of a hole the second new ball will probably do for us anyway.

Fair play to Mitchell Johnson, deserved MOM beckons.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
All over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here