Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Apr 28, 2010
An immediate declaration seems absolutely essential - according to the weather forecast there is certain to be further disruption... which means with six sessions left we are assured of at least a draw. The aussies will be off at the first sign of any bad light so get them in in the morning while the sun is shining.

Strauss simply HAS to declare and go for the win - they are on the ropes and if we have them four or five down by lunch then even the weather wont save them.

DECLARE!

Yeah i totally agree but he wont.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Totally agree about needing to declare, got work tomorrow but wanna stay up and watch this (if its on). What's the weather latest?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Starts 11-30 UK time

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I'd vote for checking the weather in the morning and then deciding which option to take. I'd favour having a quick thrash and putting on another 50-60 then putting them in.

me too

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Shower after lunch and pissing down Tuesday, must declare overnight

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Strauss isn't normally one to take a gamble and I don't think he will do so here - so for me it's no declaration and the likelihood that the game will peter out into another draw.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Why, we arnt gonna lose from here, they are so fragile, get em in and get at em

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Bet strauss keeps us batting till after well after lunch. Get em in from the off, so what if they get hundred run lead, we’ll get those if not the weather will.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strauss should bat for two overs then walk, let our bowlers at least be given a chance to show their true colours.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He has to declare. The previous times when he hasnt have been SECOND innings when it is a gamble, this is the first innings so isnt anywhere near as much of a gamble. There is only one team who can win this game and if he doesnt declare early he will ruin our chances of a win

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I want him to declare for sure. We have to take advantage of our early dominance in the series. I do not want us to get into the "a drawn series will do" mentality. With that we could ease to four draws and then in final test they could have a couple of good sessions and all the good work could be undone. In similar match position i could not see Aussies do anything but declare to be honest

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Shirley tempting to bat just half a dozen overs in order to have the Convicts in the field for yet another day?

NB only if Bell & Pietersen are told they have to go at it 20/20 Mode i.e 10 runs an over minimum.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
why bother? their openers will go to the ground this morning not knowing if they are about to bat or not. Declare 10 minutes before the start and get them in

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Bat for half an hour, thrash it around, make the Aussies run all over the place.

Then declare and watch Jimmy RIP through them

all for that if weather allows the time. Its not just the rain itself but the possible bad light as well so we need as much time as possible to allow for hold ups...you would think this was all happening in Manchester not Adelaide lol

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
why bother? their openers will go to the ground this morning not knowing if they are about to bat or not. Declare 10 minutes before the start and get them in

This:thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't be bothered to read through all these pages. Anyone comment on the pink albion shirt in the crowd last night?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Managed to stay up til the lunch break last night. Won't be doing the same tonight. Sure did suffer this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here