[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So lovely to go to Old Trafford with the series alive. It means I can stay away from football a bit longer.

:banana:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Unlike the right wing press, I’ve always believed in Woakes

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This thread is even more negative than some matchday threads! BetFair has us at 1-5 on, and for good reason. I’m not saying it’s a formality - it isn’t - but all it requires is for a couple of the 7 remaining not-out batsmen to get 30 or 40 runs, and I’d say that at least 5 of them are capable of that to some degree or another.
I don’t get it right that often, so am going to brag about this. I called it almost perfectly:

Didn’t need an epic innings from Stokes, just Brook adding 35 runs to his lunchtime total, Woakes also in the 30s, and even though the other 3 didn’t get significant runs on their own, they still got a more-than-useful 34 plus any extras that came whilst occupying the crease.

Can’t wait for Old Trafford!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Excellent. Keeps the rest of the series alive which is what we want.
Absolutely. It would’ve have been doubly annoying to have the series dead after we’d batted and bowled better than they did for 4 innings. The reason it was so close was that our fielding was so poor on the first day.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bairstow must surely be dropped. I know he’s handy with the bat but he’s very average behind the stumps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports